20%
Spice it up
80%

Total votes: 25
VersaLife82
Mole Person

Alex's Computer

Post by VersaLife82 »

Question :?: . I don't know if it would be possibile but to remodel Alex's computer at UNATCO headquarters because.... it is just a sad sight. It has 3 tubes with some sort of liquid (possibily cooling liquid it looks like :? ) and I don't even know what to call the things at the bottom. Maybe add a monitor or something to spice it up. Feedback please.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well yeah, that'd be nice I guess, but it's not a model, it's CSG: World geometry. You'd have to edit the map. And I mean every instance of the map (one for each time you return to UNATCO HQ after a mission).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Jonas wrote:it's CSG: World geometry. You'd have to edit the map.
Fucking ouch..I wish it wasn't.
VersaLife82
Mole Person

Post by VersaLife82 »

Ouch is right... thats a kick in the teeth :(
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

i just remeber what they did in DX:IW as they did remodel the hq ( although empty and heavily damaged ) but the aquinas hub ( i think we talk here about this one, right? ) is still rather intact and somehow doesn't really look that fancy at all. never really thought about spicing it up.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Why can't we just build an object infront of the existing one. That way people get the best of both worlds..

I think it does need a re-work, i'd like to see Matrix style montors (6 mounted monitors all surrounding the user) that'd be sweet.
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Why can't we just build an object infront of the existing one. That way people get the best of both worlds..

I think it does need a re-work, i'd like to see Matrix style montors (6 mounted monitors all surrounding the user) that'd be sweet.
That would be a good idea if we changed it up a bit. I can only imagine someone going into that room and saying "WTF MATRIX?! CHEAP BASTARDS!". Especially if someone got bored while texturing it and made the screens do the whole matrix thing. XD
Breadfan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Breadfan »

I think what Jonas is getting at is that that would require editing the map itself, and distributing IT with the new skins and mods.
Rick-sama
Thug

Post by Rick-sama »

If you edited the map geometry, you wouldn't have to redistribute the map. (That's probably illegal.)
What you could maybe do is, put out a patch that you can apply to the original map (which you would have to own), that puts in the new geometry.
This would work like an IPS patch.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

The patch would probably work, unless you have edited the map yourself as well ofcourse. It would also make download size MB's smaller :)
VersaLife82
Mole Person

Post by VersaLife82 »

I like the idea of putting screens there instead of remaking the whole thing :lol:
Fred
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Fred »

That would be amazing, if somebody realize that idea. 8)
I thougt I saw somebody. Maybe just a homeless guy.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

Just get exact coords and place the model (or 5 or 6 depending on how you want to make it) in the same place in each map of UNATCO.

I think it'ld be a great idea, because there's really no way he could do what he does, on those. Unless it's all controlled through links in his mind...
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Darkshade wrote:Unless it's all controlled through links in his mind...
I'd think that were nigh impossible for Alex, seen as how he's (to the best of my knowledge) 100% human. He wouldn't be able to get any augmentations installed because his body would fight them all off. Unless he had some sort of external headband hook-up that read his thoughts and sent them to the computer...or something like that... :P
ThalesA7X
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by ThalesA7X »

Master_Kale wrote:Unless he had some sort of external headband hook-up that read his thoughts and sent them to the computer...or something like that... :P
It's invisible!