Comments on brand new site...

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Lyphen
Mole Person

Post by Lyphen »

Just a notification - the "link" to the texture list in the donate box on the left doesn't work. (The bolded here)
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Yep are aware of that - thats because the current texture list is wrong ...master_kale our new assistant webs dev will be working with us to fix the list. Cheers for your comment tho :)
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Well, I fixed the overlapping in Firefox, and figured out how to make the header banner look the same on both Firefox and IE. It now looks pristine on either browser. If anyone uses a browser other than the one mentioned above and it looks different, let me know so I can tweak the site some more to look good on all browsers.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

That's great. It looks fine. Even under Lynx.

Ok, that was a cheap joke. It's great.

Now, grab another cookie and fix all the other bugs please, Mr. Overproductive. ;)
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

I think I've nailed most of the bugs. I created a dynamic CSS that adapts to the browser that is being used to view the page, so everyone will see the same thing and I don't have to maintain a bajillion stylesheets.

And just to show that I care, I even downloaded Opera and made sure that the page looks fine in that browser.

So if use a browser other than Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Opera, and the page looks funny, e-mail me what browser it is you're using and a screen shot, and I'll fix it if the browser is available for Windows. Enjoy!

[EDIT]

Well, I talked with n0dalus, and he convinced me to switch to a standard CSS. Figured out how to get the stylesheet to look (pretty much) the same on any browser. Minor discrepency in one place, but everything else seems to be in order. All of the layout changes should be seen on all the other pages as well.

Next on the agenda: THE DARK SIDE OF HDTP!

*takes another cookie*
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted people to see this...

Here it is, a potential Dark theme. I adapted it to the site based on one of n0dalus' layouts for a dark version of HDTP:

It's just a first run, so some colors may change. What do you all think? And Metche, if you have a layout already planned, just give me a holler, and I'll fix it up accordingly
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Well done Master_Kale (& n0dalus for his help!)! Youve done an amazing job and at this rate you'll be up for promotion within 10 years! Do you know how important that is? Do you realise you'll have to wear a tie???

*sends some cake Kales way* ;) oh! *and a casket of coke of his choice*

Youve put us out of our misery ;)

And! Id like to announce that I prefer the dark version of the site *eats words - can you hear me crunch? :p* I think we should have the site default to black but the user is able to switch to light when they like ;)

Metche.
Shadowtruth
Thug

Post by Shadowtruth »

Dark version looks much more attractive... but that is just an opinion...
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Dark looks good, but I'm a little bit used to the light one now, some minor contrast problems on the Dark version but sweat job overall.
I've heard from reliable sources- of whos identites I, regrettably , cannot disclose to you- that your mod rocks! Ahem. Well anyway keep up the good work.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

No worries, Ozzy, we've planted the bugs in your cellular phone, your comp, your pen and even in your fridge.Ah, and let's don't forget that very special afro-mounted spycam... soon we'll know to whom should we send a gratification cookiepack. Soon...

It's good to hear anyway ;)

Back to the topic - I'd say there's a cutenews - related minor glitch with datestamps of posts being black (on dark background). Despite that, it looks great. But - to be honest - I loved that bright side of the site. I miss it.

A... bit.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Never fear - Master Kale will adorn our site with dual CSS goodness as soon as possible ;)
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Pointman wrote:Back to the topic - I'd say there's a cutenews - related minor glitch with datestamps of posts being black (on dark background). Despite that, it looks great. But - to be honest - I loved that bright side of the site. I miss it.

A... bit.
BEHOLD!!! It is fixed! Now, the date stamp is white on dark...

like a flash of lightning, I am gone *zooming sound fading off into the distance* :o
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

I like the new look. However, you forgot to fix the comments along with the datestamps. :)
JC
NSF

Nice...

Post by JC »

Ah, the site's buff. Well done. I thought the old 'new design' was good too but the black background really is better. Well done.

...and I'm still here by the way. Although I have done nothing for the project I will be doing some textures in the summer. Sorry.

- JC
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Well, I updated the member list to reflect the list on HDTP's ModDB page.
Ajare wrote:I like the new look. However, you forgot to fix the comments along with the datestamps. :)
And I fixed the comments to be the same color as the post, so they appear as the same shade of gray as the maintext on the mainpage.

Let me know if anything else needs tweaking :mrgreen: