Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Ok. Two options are thus available to you.

Put (in the phone's defprops), mesh=lodmesh'deusexdeco.phone'

This will make it use the original phone mesh, no matter whether you're using the HDTP version of deusex.u or the original version.

You can then reassign the texture as you're currently doing.

The second option is to do the above, but also: open the editor and in the textures browser load up HDTPanim.utx: this contains the animations for the phone. If you want to reskin the HDTP phone and keep a similar animated scheme, you'll have to come up with a similar number of textures in an animated series.

Either way, export one of these textures: this is how the new phone model is UV mapped.

Make a new version of your custom phone texture to match the HDTP phone's UV map.

Now, in your custom phone class, put

Code: Select all

function prebeginplay()
{
   local mesh HDTPmesh;

HDTPmesh = LODMesh(dynamicloadObject("HDTPDecos.HDTPPhone",class'mesh')); //yes, uses a string to find a mesh
   if(HDTPmesh != none)
   {
      mesh = HDTPmesh;
      default.mesh = HDTPmesh; //just in case
      skin = texture'MorpheusTextures.Skins.MorphHDTPphonetex1';
   }
   super.prebeginplay();

}
And there you have it. Now when the phone enters play, it'll look for the presence of a mesh called HDTPphone, and if it can't find it anywhere, it'll behave as normal. Otherwise, it'll use the HDTP mesh, and assign that HDTP mesh your new HDTP version of your phone texture, which for the sake of argument I've called MorphHDTPPhoneTex1.

This thus works whether the user has HDTP installed or not, and saves you making two packages.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Thanks. Thats all I needed. Well, thats all from me.
DDL

Post by DDL »

And as said before, provided all your custom characters have actual meshes assigned to them (like GM_trench etc) in their defprops, these will not be in any way altered by HTDP.