HDTP and System Requirements

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

I got a GF 7600 Because my dad wonted my old card Asus 6600. There isint all that much diffrence in each card. Maybe if I upgraded the ram I would notce. but this computer has hit a wall in all the Upgrades I can give it. I got to get a new one but this one should hold me out throw 2007 maybe 2008. After that I'm getting a Falcon M5. (Only problem is its $9000, about as much as a cheep Car)
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Or you could buy 10,000 Transcripts of Nightline :D
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

OK I tested HDTP Alpha on.

-2.7 GH processor
-1gb of ram
-Nvidia 4000 (64mb ram)

and it worked but there was a little lag. So anything below a 4000 surely wont work. 5200 or better I'm guessing. Oh and for you few unlucky people stuck in the stone age with that old PCI card but would like to have the best graphics card without upgrading your computer. There is such a thing as a PCI 6600. You might even be able to play UT2007 on this.
http://www.shop.com/op/~GEFORCE_6600_25 ... sourceid=3

I was thinking of using this for my other monitor. The one I have the 4000 hooked up to but it's too much for me.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Yeah, there are a few DX9 videocards available for PCI, most of the latest Geforce card series have a reduced PCI version, and the ATI X1300 is also available in PCI (http://www.visiontek.com/products/cards ... 56pci.html). The difference, though, is that a DX9 PCI card costs about $100 average more than a DX8 PCI card. :P If someone's using a PCI computer (such as an average Dell machine, those cheapskating bastards), it's a fairly safe bet that they're on a budget. :P Like I said, as the HDTP is now, it runs fine on my Radeon 9250. If there's a significant performance hit with the addition of the high-def common NPC's like NSF troops and civilians, then the ability to pick and choose the HDTP elements you want to install when first installing the mod comes into play.