Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Babeuf97
Thug

Re: A New Decade

Post by Babeuf97 »

Hi everyone! I have been reading through the whole topic (yes, I have that much time on my hands :P ).

Mister Obvious mod on
As regards HDTP, the same issue keeps reappearing over and over. HDTP followers are complaining about the lack of updates (I see nothing wrong with that) and the team is answering the critics (I see nothing wrong with that either). People sometimes end up arguing about the argument in itself just like here .
Mister Obvious mod off

Not that choosing manner over matter is always a bad thing, but come on, this is not taking anyone anywhere. Whatever the team's reasons are for not giving updates. Maybe they just don't have the time because there's this thing that is called real life, maybe they do not care because they're selfish, but even if they were...then what?

Of course this is none of my business, yet as useless and out of place as this post may seem I'd want to say:

-That I am grateful that there is a team dedicating time to this project and doubt it is doing any good to them to constanlty hear complaints from us followers.

-That I don't think it is doing any harm either to ask for updates, as long as things remain polite. Anyone is entitled to their opinion, there is no need to call each other silly.

@chris the cynic:
Obviously the way Gahhhrrrlic used 'liable' was not accurate.I agree you were right to point this out in order to get what he meant, but to be honest I don't think it was quite necessary to explain why so for near two pages long*. To me it read like it missed the whole point of the thread -which I guess was not the case- that was HDTP's whereabouts, if I'm not mistaken?** Besides, English is not my native language so as far as I know this post might as well be filled with worse mistakes.

@anyone in charge:
- Would it be possible to have a thread which would sum up the available information about the current state of the project? As what features will be included*** and what is still left to do****? So that people like me can just stop asking the same questions. I hope this is not asking too much.

*Well, you could argue this post is not needed either and you would be absolutely right :smile: This is Off Topic Productions, after all.

**Wait, what? "A New Decade"? Damn, topics always got hijacked ;)

***I most certainly failed to get the information, but I never properly figured out how many characters are to be included. My guess would be JC, Paul, Walton Simons, Anna ,Gunther, Maggie Chow, Bob Page, Unatco Trooper, NSF trooper, Greasel, Karkian and Security bot models. Is that correct?

**** I remember to have read there were only a few animations for weapons to be done. But that was quite a few months ago. Has there been any progress since?
Gahhhrrrlic
Thug

Post by Gahhhrrrlic »

Hashi wrote: But looking at your paragraph, why would he deign to justify it with a response? It's so inherently silly, no other response would do. What is the need for him saying anything or giving a different point of view to it, when its so unbelievably silly, makes no sense and has no reference to any truth in this world? I mean come on, give your paragrah some thought bro

I mean come on. They're being selfish by devoting their free time to a project? This is not paid work. Alright, so you really want it to come out, but calling them selfish..I mean that's so beyond dumb, that a new word needs to exist to properly justify the dumbness of the situation.

If you think my original paragraph was THAT ridiculous, it's probably because you have an overly simplistic understanding of human nature, a somewhat naive world-view.

All acts are inherently selfish. The acts that we deem selfless are merely acts that benefit others to a greater effect than ourselves. The selfish component always remains however and ultimately, we as humans are judged by our peers based on how visibly that ratio of personal to public gain shifts one way or the other. If you're truly generous in nature or just a really good actor, you can make many acts appear selfless.....it happens all the time, everywhere around us. This "generosity" or "good intent" can mutate over time and become more and more hollow, like a facade. I think you're giving me such a hard time because you haven't figured that out yet.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

Gahhhrrrlic wrote:
Hashi wrote: But looking at your paragraph, why would he deign to justify it with a response? It's so inherently silly, no other response would do. What is the need for him saying anything or giving a different point of view to it, when its so unbelievably silly, makes no sense and has no reference to any truth in this world? I mean come on, give your paragrah some thought bro

I mean come on. They're being selfish by devoting their free time to a project? This is not paid work. Alright, so you really want it to come out, but calling them selfish..I mean that's so beyond dumb, that a new word needs to exist to properly justify the dumbness of the situation.

If you think my original paragraph was THAT ridiculous, it's probably because you have an overly simplistic understanding of human nature, a somewhat naive world-view.

All acts are inherently selfish. The acts that we deem selfless are merely acts that benefit others to a greater effect than ourselves. The selfish component always remains however and ultimately, we as humans are judged by our peers based on how visibly that ratio of personal to public gain shifts one way or the other. If you're truly generous in nature or just a really good actor, you can make many acts appear selfless.....it happens all the time, everywhere around us. This "generosity" or "good intent" can mutate over time and become more and more hollow, like a facade. I think you're giving me such a hard time because you haven't figured that out yet.
and yet the point remains, they're doing this for free out of their own time, and you're not. You are expecting things out of them as if they were a big company who are getting paid. I assure you, they are not. so yes your paragraph is still silly
Gahhhrrrlic
Thug

Post by Gahhhrrrlic »

If you say so...

We are all just organisms responding to stimuli. Make of it what you will.
Toryu
Mole Person

Post by Toryu »

I sure hope I get to play with this mod one day. :)
Kothliim
Mole Person

Post by Kothliim »

I know this isn't directly related to HDTP, but does anyone know whatever happened to Akerfeldt or fender2k1 over at Deus Ex Reborn? DXR seemed like a really promising idea, and might have made modding easier for other projects (animation, etc), but it's been dead over at their forums for a while now.

Forums in question: http://dxr.deus-ex.org/forum/index.php
Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-reborn
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kothliim wrote:I know this isn't directly related to HDTP, but does anyone know whatever happened to Akerfeldt or fender2k1 over at Deus Ex Reborn? DXR seemed like a really promising idea, and might have made modding easier for other projects (animation, etc), but it's been dead over at their forums for a while now.

Forums in question: http://dxr.deus-ex.org/forum/index.php
Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-reborn
I'm not speaking with any certainty but I think RL issues might be the cause. fender2k1 visits these forums from time to time. I'm sorry, but that's as much as I know.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
froggygdude
Thug

Post by froggygdude »

I don't care when it's done, I just want confirmation that it's being worked on, i.e., updates that takes at most five minutes to write...stuff like "x% done!" or "Just finished retexturing y and moving onto z!" Is that really too much to ask?
Deus Ex: The bomb!

Deus Ex- Invisible War: A bomb! What a shame.

Deus Ex- Human Revolution: They announce and I cheer, and I spill my drink all over my uniform!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's 99% done.

Does that make you feel considerably better?

You're welcome.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

No... ;-(

Wait, 99%, out of 100, right?

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Aww :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
froggygdude
Thug

Post by froggygdude »

Jonas wrote:It's 99% done.

Does that make you feel considerably better?

You're welcome.
Yes, it does make me feel considerably better. Thank you.
Who wants to bet on when the next percent will be done? I'm betting December 22nd 2012, because I'm guessing the world will end before this is finished.
And then they'll use it as an excuse.

*holds up a sign that reads, "JOKE"*
Deus Ex: The bomb!

Deus Ex- Invisible War: A bomb! What a shame.

Deus Ex- Human Revolution: They announce and I cheer, and I spill my drink all over my uniform!
Babeuf97
Thug

Post by Babeuf97 »

;-)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

:mrgreen:
Attachments
images.jpg