Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
SDX
Mole Person

help with JC Denton textures for UT3 [Beta2 download]

Post by SDX »

[Case closed]

Hi, I'm I'm back here...
Now I have something to show, including playable download. The model is almost done, only 2 diffuse texture maps are needed, I will finish the rest.
Image Image Image Image

I am looking for someone who can make high quality textures for this model... Please help. All information in the main beta thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=715355

[this thread will not be updated any more, check Epic's forum for future progress. (2010.01.22)]
Last edited by SDX on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Re: help with JC Denton textures for UT3 [download]

Post by justanotherfan »

Cool. pic7 looks very Matrixy. The model looks very good. His face isn't quite there, but it is impressive. Thank you for releasing! I'd play with that model in UT3.

Perhaps this should be moved to the General forum.
SDX
Mole Person

Re: help with JC Denton textures for UT3 [Beta2 download]

Post by SDX »

Texture artists?
Anyone?
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

No, probably not. Just me. Modders are busy, the Deus Ex texture artists here are likely working on the same thing for HDTP, and there probably aren't going to be UT3 modders at a Deus Ex forum. Since this isn't about HDTP, and you're posting in another unrelated thread asking for texture artists, so you could alienate potential artists anyway. I'm glad the UT3 forum has people who can help.

Still, that's a cool texture/model. I like the improvisation with the face mask; Before I couldn't see that clearly from the screenshots in your original unedited post. I think it looks excellent now.
SDX
Mole Person

Post by SDX »

I didn't know that HDTP has an all-knowing public relations person. I must say I strongly disagree with you "UT3 modders" and "unrelated" statements. What I am asking here can also benefit whole HDTP, by showing that the team has done something releasable within last year or more and this way we can make the looks of JC more consistent across platforms.
Making JC Denton model must be as close to Deus Ex modding as it gets apart from editing the original game itself.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

SDX wrote:Making JC Denton model must be as close to Deus Ex modding as it gets apart from editing the original game itself.
You'll notice if you re-read that sentence that this still doesn't make it Deus Ex modding though. "As close to DX modding as it gets without actually being DX modding" still isn't DX modding.

JAF may not be part of HDTP, but he's more or less got it right. Somebody may swing by to help you here, but the chances are probably significantly lower than the chances of finding a helpful texture artist in the Unreal community who likes Deus Ex.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

SDX wrote:I didn't know that HDTP has an all-knowing public relations person.
Nope, just another fan. How's it going?
I must say I strongly disagree with you "UT3 modders" and "unrelated" statements. What I am asking here can also benefit whole HDTP, by showing that the team has done something releasable within last year or more and this way we can make the looks of JC more consistent across platforms.
Making JC Denton model must be as close to Deus Ex modding as it gets apart from editing the original game itself.
HDTP released screenshots of the new JC imported into Deus Ex years ago, but I don't know if they need to show what has been done, especially when nearing completion. Anyway, that goal could be completed by releasing any content early, which could be done if necessary, but they haven't and I wouldn't suggest it now.

Since you mentioned PR, the UT3 platform userbase and modders aren't necessarily publics of HDTP, although DX fans are (along with UT3 players that are also deusex.exe players). Your publics appear to be UT3 players and UT3 modders, specifically the Deus Ex fans within those two groups. A DX player/fan that doesn't play or mod UT3 is neither a user of your mod nor any help. OTP HDTP Forum is the ideal place to find Deus Ex modders and players who might have played UT3, while a UT3 forum would be the ideal place to find UT3 modders and players who might be fans of Deus Ex. As Jonas showed, the problem is the difference. Just check out the user interest, installations, and even technical advice in your UT3 forum thread, when it's kind words here.

My consultancy fees are very reasonable :-)
metche
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by metche »

SDX wrote:I didn't know that HDTP has an all-knowing public relations person. I must say I strongly disagree with you "UT3 modders" and "unrelated" statements. What I am asking here can also benefit whole HDTP, by showing that the team has done something releasable within last year or more and this way we can make the looks of JC more consistent across platforms.
Thanks, but we haven't done any textures for the last few months - that side of HDTP is all wrapped up - as is the modelling. It's all about the animations which are a little further on from the last time I checked. I'm back in action for a short amount of time while I become a lady of leisure (i.e. not working) for the next couple of months :)

People have to bear with us a little longer (I appreciate this) - and if people decide to stick up 2 fingers to our project 'cos they got tired of waiting, then so be it - I understand :)