Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Steam, Deus Ex, and HDTP: a guide

Post by DDL »

Given that DX is on sale in the steam shop, it might be useful for this sub-forum to have a link to the steam-compatibility thread: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... f=6&t=1206

Hopefully this will address any steam-related issues, but feel free to post any problems here.

:)

Also useful: Hanfling's custom DX launchers http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/

These counter many speedstepping and multiple-core processor issues, plus are effectively exactly what you need for the "steam-version Deusex.exe"-replacing guide outlined by Master_kale, above.

And further usefulness: link to chris dohnal's renderers page: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

Both the openGL and D3D renderers are great.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Steam, Deus Ex, and HDTP: a guide

Post by Jaedar »

Poor steam users that can't legally play mods.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

Good idea. For Deus Ex Steam-users I might also mention another thread of interest:

Ultimate tutorial : graphic mods on Deus-Ex steam version http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1235278

Note that the thread is slightly outdated since the Final Version of New Vision comes with an installer now. Still, the thread is quite fresh (last edited in 2012).

Since I know Znokiss, I'll PM him when the final version of HDTP is out. I hope he'll update his threads (having in mind the final versions of New Vision and HDTP). The guy often lingers in one in my favourite Deus Ex french threads (not because I created the topic or anything, mind you... :mrgreen: ). This thread even contains some mini-reviews for the best fan-made missions (The Nameless Mod included) and a faq for Hotel Carone and Redsun. For I never found a faq for those two. Redsun especially can leave quite baffled on a first playthrough.

Deus Ex: Tout est bon dans le Denton!: http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/35766 ... -Denton%21
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Comrade
Mole Person

Post by Comrade »

Hey there, for the most part HDTP works perfectly fine for me. The only issue I have is the flasks are invisible, is there any fix for this? Am I doing something wrong with installation (using the Release 1 installer)? I have the Steam GOTY version and latest New Vision mod installed.

I would also like to know how I can use the original Gunther Hermann instead of the new one that is packed in? I love the updated Gunther but it looks odd compared to the rest of the NPCs who remain in there original form. Would appreciate any guidance, thanks.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Comrade wrote:Hey there, for the most part HDTP works perfectly fine for me. The only issue I have is the flasks are invisible, is there any fix for this? Am I doing something wrong with installation (using the Release 1 installer)? I have the Steam GOTY version and latest New Vision mod installed.

I would also like to know how I can use the original Gunther Hermann instead of the new one that is packed in? I love the updated Gunther but it looks odd compared to the rest of the NPCs who remain in there original form. Would appreciate any guidance, thanks.
Try out HDTP Beta Release 2.
Comrade
Mole Person

Post by Comrade »

ggrotz wrote:
Thanks. All is well now, everything up to date.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Comrade wrote:
ggrotz wrote:
Thanks. All is well now, everything up to date.
You need to disable the HDTP MJ12 trooper because it's buggy when sitting down (you'll find this out by a massive crash if you use it on the sewer level or the prison level). I forgot to mention this, in case you didn't see it in the thread I linked to.
Comrade
Mole Person

Post by Comrade »

ggrotz wrote:You need to disable the HDTP MJ12 trooper because it's buggy when sitting down (you'll find this out by a massive crash if you use it on the sewer level or the prison level). I forgot to mention this, in case you didn't see it in the thread I linked to.
Yeah, I read about that issue but even so, I already was set on using the original character textures anyway. Thanks again.
Agarax
Mole Person

Post by Agarax »

ggrotz wrote:You need to disable the HDTP MJ12 trooper because it's buggy when sitting down (you'll find this out by a massive crash if you use it on the sewer level or the prison level). I forgot to mention this, in case you didn't see it in the thread I linked to.
How do I do this?

Been digging around the forums but no one says exactly how to enable all the meshes except the MJ12 trooper.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

In-game:

Esc -> Settings -> HDTP Options -> Custom -> MJ12=False