Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Deus Ex 3

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

So Deus Ex 3 looks really, really good. The trailer is amazing, and there should be some more nice gameplay vids coming out this week during E3. It's on schedule to be released early 2011, which is a few years ahead of when HDTP and New Vision looks like they will be released.

Time to scrap this mod and just play the new game. Seems like HDTPs been in the toilet for a couple years now anyway.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3

Post by bobby 55 »

You'll be singing another tune when they're both flushed with success. lol
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I doubt any game will ever replace DX... and as long as there is a DX, there is a need for HDTP and NV.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Ok, Trolly McTrollington, Human Revolution is indeed on it's way to release. And it does indeed look nice. Pretty. Shiny.

In what world does a pretty shiny Human Revolution make a higher resolution Deus Ex redundant?
Mr Fossy
Thug

Post by Mr Fossy »

I wasn't sure if the OP was being serious or not. Surely, nobody in their right mind considers HDTP to be, in any way, equivalent to a true sequel :-s

I always get surprised when I see people expressing indignation at HDTP's progress. I find it really easy to maintain an subconscious modicum of excitement at the prospect of a cool mod being released for a game that I thoroughly adore.

Hell, it doesn't even require patience. Just - I don't know - go and read a book, or something :?

To go a little off-topic, I'm also pretty damn excited about DX3. Trailers aside - which I am always inclined to ignore - I find the interviews with the devs to be really encouraging :)
Slug bait. Can't wait.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Mr Fossy wrote:I wasn't sure if the OP was being serious or not.
It's from the same person that claimed the HDTP team was meeting the definition of psychosis.

Make of that what you will.
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

chris the cynic wrote:In what world does a pretty shiny Human Revolution make a higher resolution Deus Ex redundant?
The real one.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Mr Fossy wrote:I find it really easy to maintain an subconscious modicum of excitement at the prospect of a cool mod being released for a game that I thoroughly adore. Hell, it doesn't even require patience. Just - I don't know - go and read a book, or something :?
Mr Fossy wrote: Joined:Wed Oct 01, 2008
---
Ebenezer Grymm wrote:Time to scrap this mod and just play the new game. Seems like HDTPs been in the toilet for a couple years now anyway.
That's pretty clear trolling in the HDTP forum.

DX3 is pretty far removed from DX1 -- made by different people a decade later, set before it happened in a world that's significantly different. It's more like a spinoff so far. DX1 and DX3 are different games. We're in the HDTP forum because DX1 is a great game that looks crap, and some years ago HDTP made it look better and did much more that's unreleased. We don't know what kind of game DX3 is because it's not finished and released yet. Still, I do appreciate the frustration with making an old game look better within that game's graphical limitations while using new art that's already pretty old now itself. Still, "scrapping" is clearly not an answer.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Ebenezer Grymm wrote:
chris the cynic wrote:In what world does a pretty shiny Human Revolution make Deus Ex redundant?
The opposite world.
Fixed.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Mr Fossy
Thug

Post by Mr Fossy »

I'm not *quite* certain why you quoted me in that way, justanotherfan. Unless the intention, in drawing attention to my relatively recent joining of this forum, was to diminish my claim to patience. In which case, you haven't considered the possibility that I was following the mod long before I joined; and how my pitiful number of forum posts should make it come as no surprise that I had nothing to say before October, 2008.

Regardless, the "scrapping" suggestion from the OP was clearly silly. You could name many reasons for scrapping the mod, but the forthcoming release of DX3 isn't one of them <_<
Slug bait. Can't wait.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Mr Fossy wrote:in drawing attention to my relatively recent joining of this forum, was to diminish my claim to patience. In which case, you haven't considered the possibility that I was following the mod long before I joined...Regardless, the "scrapping" suggestion from the OP was clearly silly.
Yep, and that's true. I joined some time after HDTP started as well, looking around at first...I forget, at least a few months to a year. In any case, the other idea is simply that it has been a long time. Anyway, you're right, in reply to OP DX3 has little or nothing to do with HDTP.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Ebenezer Grymm wrote:So Deus Ex 3 looks really, really good. The trailer is amazing, and there should be some more nice gameplay vids coming out this week during E3.
HAHAHAHAHA.. Epic fail man.. looks like they screwed you over too. No gameplay.. nothing.. Eidos clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about the fans of Deus Ex, we however do- hence why we stayed true to the Deus Ex style. You accuse us of passing judgments early about a game we haven't seen yet.. well dude.. don't judge our mods until you've played them.

We're always open to criticism, but if you're going to be a jerk about it, then GTFO you shallow Eidos groupie.
The real one.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

I have seen gameplay vids straight from Eidos, so take that! You're wrong and you're mad!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Hashi wrote:I have seen gameplay vids straight from Eidos, so take that! You're wrong and you're mad!
The trailer was leaked against Eidos' will, they forced their hand. I'm very doubtful Eidos would have released anything at this stage in time if it hadn't happened.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine