Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
VeryAngryGamer
Mole Person

HDTP + Shifter?

Post by VeryAngryGamer »

Hi,

I installed deus ex + latest patch, then installed latest shifter mod, then new vision and finally HDTP.

I am about half way through this game, when i finally noticed something very bad. When i launch the game using "deusex.exe" there is shifter version number in main menu. If i use "hdtp.exe" there is just a vanilla deus ex version number in main menu. Does this mean that shifter won't work with "hdtp.exe"?

What is the point of "hdtp.exe" anyway, to me it seems just a renamed version of "deusex.exe"

Also, for some wierd reason hdtp uses it's own confing files (just renamed version of the regular config files). This caused some gray hairs for me, cause i had to copy&paste some info in order to apply fov fix for hdtp.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: HDTP + Shifter?

Post by Jaedar »

Why so angry?

Anyway, Shifter has special code that checks for HDTP and uses that if it finds it, which is why you don't see any difference between hdtp.exe and the original file, you're already using HDTP.

Welcome to the forums.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
VeryAngryGamer
Mole Person

Post by VeryAngryGamer »

Jaedar wrote:Why so angry?

Anyway, Shifter has special code that checks for HDTP and uses that if it finds it, which is why you don't see any difference between hdtp.exe and the original file, you're already using HDTP.

Welcome to the forums.

Actually, after further testing it seems like the Shifter doesn't work at all if i launch the game via HDTP.EXE. Everything is working fine if i launch via DEUSEX.EXE.

I hope that the final version of HDTP doesn't make unnecessary *.exe (and config) files because it will only cause confusion.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Well, they're not unnecessary. If you don't use Shifter, you need to launch hdtp.exe to enable HDTP.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
VeryAngryGamer
Mole Person

Post by VeryAngryGamer »

Jaedar wrote:Well, they're not unnecessary. If you don't use Shifter, you need to launch hdtp.exe to enable HDTP.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info, i didn't knew that.

I think i can calm down just a little tiny bit for now :evil: ;)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

You should never be running HDTP.exe anyway. You should be using the shortcut, or you won't get any of the settings in those config files.

Essentially, we could set it up to not require those, but then it would simply overwrite any and all of your exisiting settings. Keeping it this way means everything is separated, so you can still run/use vanilla DX even with HDTP installed. Particularly useful if, for example, you use the editor a lot and you don't want HDTP assets chugging up your processor, which barely handles UED as it is..
krypter
Mole Person

Post by krypter »

I've installed Shifter and HDTP, moved the files as instructed in the install notes, but I'm still getting a GPF when I try to run the game (going into Training).

I have the GOTY version, but I don't know which version of patch I have; I can't even download the darn v1112fm patch from fileplanet because fileplanet doesn't want to run on either firefox or IE8 for me (don't know why). Is there an alternate d/l link for it off rapidshare or something?

Help?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

krypter wrote:I've installed Shifter and HDTP, moved the files as instructed in the install notes, but I'm still getting a GPF when I try to run the game (going into Training).

I have the GOTY version, but I don't know which version of patch I have; I can't even download the darn v1112fm patch from fileplanet because fileplanet doesn't want to run on either firefox or IE8 for me (don't know why). Is there an alternate d/l link for it off rapidshare or something?

Help?
There's one here: http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex/down ... to-v1112fm
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
krypter
Mole Person

Post by krypter »

Thank you.