Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
jcdenton2k
Mole Person

July 29th Update Request

Post by jcdenton2k »

In the last few years:

-New Vision has set a tentative release date tomorrow
(please cancel or change the release date NOW if you aren't gonna make it in time or you'll have a lot of angry people bitching you out)

-Deus Ex 2027 has already been released in Russian (and an English version forthcoming).
Unknown if its compatible with New Vision or HDTP

The Nameless Mod v1.4 has been done as of the end of 2009.
It completely rocks, and then some :)

A sequel to Chrono Trigger (and one of the most well-made fan products in the CT community) was released (as a ROM patch file) known as 'Crimson Echoes'.
It helps Chrono Cross make SENSE and its got a few glitches here and there but is otherwise complete from beginning to end.

The 'CrossFire' v1.9 mod for FreeLancer was trolled with a release date that it didn't meet (and still hasn't been released over a week later) that just ended up pissing off a LOT of the fans of that mod, especially since FL already has a close-knit community to begin with.
Please don't make the same mistake. Deus Ex is a LOT more well-known and beloved compared to Freelancer and nobody will blame you if you cancel or delay the New Vision release instead of making us wait for something that didn't happen.

So what about HDTP?
Read through the forums, the animations were stated to be done, the animator posted that themselves.
So what's the hold up? A tentative release date perhaps? An update to be done on the ModDB page?
Perhaps getting everything together into one package and then seeing what's missing so we have an idea or perhaps some people could come forward to help finish off this last 10% or w/e remains to be done?
Or better yet, instead of making us wait another 2+ years for this shit to be done, release what's done as-is and let us bug-test it for you. Anything is better than nothing and most of us will be too busy playing DX:HR to really give a damn about this if you release it years later.

It seems harsh to say that, but dangling the carrot in front of us for so long and not delivering anything new for well over 5 years is a pretty cruel thing to do. Either deliver what you've got or cancel the whole thing altogether.
There's a good chance that the remaining community here (or what's left of it) can finish up that remaining % and finalize it rather than waiting on you all to get shit done.
miguel
UNATCO

Re: July 29th Update Request

Post by miguel »

Bitching people are funny. Even more when it's about videogames.
Agent Pointless
Mole Person

Post by Agent Pointless »

Oh, this makes me sad. And just after I'd said something nice.

DX is an old game. To bring the graphics up to a modern spec requires an almost-guru level of expertise, and HDTP is in the most critical and difficult stage. So please, be patient and let the experts do it.

That is all.

-P
Wielder of the Sword of Pointlessness, Lord of the Kingdom of Pigeons.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Don't worry about it Agent Pointless. We see a lot of this sorta thing on this forum.

In response to your moaning jcdenton2k: The dev of New Vision has posted many updates recently and his textures are looking great so he's forgiven for missing a non-existent release date.
2027 will more than likely be compatible with both mods with a little modding know how.
TNM does rock.
Chronos Trigger? What is this I don't even-?
Crossfire? See above.
HDTP will be released when it's done.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
jcdenton2k
Mole Person

Post by jcdenton2k »

By the time HDTP is done, nobody will give a shit anymore.
We have DX:HR now...and HDTP missed their chance to actually get more people interested in the original. They're still selling it via digital download at certain spots and what better way to get us another game after DX:HR than to have both games sell amazingly well?

Nope, not gonna give a shit. At least New Vision managed to keep up their end so kudos to them, they'll get praise while you all rot forgotten in another 'vaporware' product of the 'intarwebs'.
If you don't know what Chrono Trigger is, just go shoot yourself...or go watch some YT videos on it.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

jcdenton2k wrote:If you don't know what Chrono Trigger is, just go shoot yourself...or go watch some YT videos on it.
I'd rather shoot myself frankly.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

jcdenton2k wrote:...Either deliver what you've got or cancel the whole thing altogether...
Ranting has been tried.

Cancellation is counterproductive. Releasing now would be productive, but there's a third option of continuing development until completion. Unsatisfying now, but that's been the choice.
By the time HDTP is done, nobody will care.
Maybe. However, people keep making threads like this one. Maybe that'll end. Until then, I'm sure they're glad you care.

I rented ChronoTrigger, SNES. I didn't give it much time, but I found it boring. RPGs don't make a good rental.
Akerfeldt
UNATCO

Post by Akerfeldt »

It's my hope that we'll never release because I just can't get enough of threads like this one!
A hole is a hole.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

jcdenton2k wrote:
The 'CrossFire' v1.9 mod for FreeLancer was trolled with a release date that it didn't meet (and still hasn't been released over a week later) that just ended up pissing off a LOT of the fans of that mod, especially since FL already has a close-knit community to begin with.
Well maybe they should try modding it themselves. Swat virtually does most of the modding by himself and has other things besides modding Freelancer to contend with. The same with HDTP, bitching ain't ever a good method of incenting, insensing though, is another story.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

-Deus Ex 2027 has already been released in Russian (and an English version forthcoming).
Unknown if its compatible with New Vision or HDTP
100% sure it will be compatible, if any other mod is, no reason this won't be. August release of English version (I think)
So what about HDTP?
Read through the forums, the animations were stated to be done, the animator posted that themselves.
So what's the hold up? A tentative release date perhaps? An update to be done on the ModDB page?
Perhaps getting everything together into one package and then seeing what's missing so we have an idea or perhaps some people could come forward to help finish off this last 10% or w/e remains to be done?
Or better yet, instead of making us wait another 2+ years for this shit to be done, release what's done as-is and let us bug-test it for you. Anything is better than nothing and most of us will be too busy playing DX:HR to really give a damn about this if you release it years later.
If you want something, you have to wait, and there are enough of us that will wait and it will be worth it. All fan made, so people will understand with general things like life getting in the way, takes longer, but if your dedicated, you'll wait, no bitching about it [-X , jut shutup and be grateful for it :D . The game is 10-11 years old afterall and not a whole lot of games get this much attention this long after they have been released.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

jcdenton2k wrote: If you don't know what Chrono Trigger is, just go shoot yourself...or go watch some YT videos on it.

the crono trigger vid on youtube was awesome. it was really well done, with good effects etc. i thought they did a good job with it. the flip the guy did, and the overall action was well done. can you do better?
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

I'm actually more interested in replaying Deus Ex with HDTP than getting HR, simply because I cannot stand Adam Jensen's voice.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Akerfeldt wrote:It's my hope that we'll never release because I just can't get enough of threads like this one!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Terrible idea, don't let the mods hear that ^_^
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

encinodude wrote:I'm actually more interested in replaying Deus Ex with HDTP than getting HR, simply because I cannot stand Adam Jensen's voice.
I know!!!!!!!!11111 IT SUCKS!!!! they will need to mod that ASAP!!!!!111
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

And call it the Cure Throat Cancer aug.