Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
ggrotz
X-51

HDTP, New Vision and Mod Compatibility

Post by ggrotz »

I'm not sure if it would be good to have a topic for each, but I thought it might be good to catalog what to expect out of the different game play mods when running these. I know some of this will probably change on final (?) HDTP release, but thought it might be a good start with the demo that got released to describe that. I know a few indicators to tell the difference, but I'm not sure if you can run a command and see if NV or HDTP textures were actually used in a level or not, and hence see a benefit.

What I've tried so far and have noticed:
2027: I notice a few New Vision textures every so often, so there's probably some mileage in running it there. As for HDTP, I think they changed most of the textures so what is there is probably negligible in terms of effect. As far as what I have noticed regarding HDTP, it seems the liquor, 40oz, and wine bottles are the originals, but it seems some of the plants and chairs get changed along with the alarm buttons.

Burden of 80 Proof: Running NV will definitely make some good changes, though you will have to look closely in some cases. Wine and liquor bottles are the old graphic and the soda cans I do find are hexagonal and the phones are the old style, so if there aren't new bot graphics any impact will probably be minimal here.

TNM: I notice changes with both NV and HDTP, but the purposes of TNM 1.05 are noted so I won't go there too much. :)

I'm sure I'll get to try more, but that'll be a good start on my observations anyway...