What characters are included in 2006 release?

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
KarloX
Mole Person

What characters are included in 2006 release?

Post by KarloX »

Hello everyone.

I have discovered this amazing mod (With the NV mod too) and the weapons, and lot of objects are rendered, even in the demo there is a Ghunter Herrman rendered, but I don't see the renderigns of characters in the game, only from objetcs.

Here is my question: There is not characters rendered in the 2006 release HDTP mod, right? Or they're but I'm doing something wrong?

Anyway, for the things that I have read, the 2006 is not the final release, isn't It?

Sorry for posting this but I have nothing clear :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What characters are included in 2006 release?

Post by Jonas »

Only Gunther Hermann has been replaced in the 2006 release, and it is indeed not the final version (the final version is on the way).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
KarloX
Mole Person

Post by KarloX »

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Anyway it's a pity that only Hermann is rendered, because I saw some pictures (from HDTP in the page Moddb) of others characters that are allready rendered (Like the Agent Navarre, Simons, Paul...) but, why aren't they included in the release? It's more complicated than change the textures from NPC's, right? I guess that they have to create a new NPC and sustitute it.

Only one more question; Will they finish (The HDTP equip) some new rendered characters soon? Because if it's so, I could wait new characters before playing the game (Yes, I didn't play DX, not at all).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

At the time the demo was released, Gunther Hermann was the only character that had been re-modelled, textured, and animated. All of that is a lot of work. Not all the characters have been or will be done, but those that are done will all be included in the final release. Nobody knows when the final release is coming, so I don't recommend waiting for it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
KarloX
Mole Person

Post by KarloX »

Ok, thank you very much Jonas.

Well, if nobody knows when will release the final version, let's play Deus EX!!

See ya!!