Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: Merry Christmas! (Progress roundup)

Post by DaveW »

AlvinD wrote:I did a couple of weapon models for HDTP but the ones that actually made it in were the GEP gun, LAW, Stun Prod, Crossbow, Stealth Pistol and Flamethrower and maybe one or two other but I cant rememeber lol, but I only did the modelling on them.
I should probably say I've messed around with pretty much all of those except the stealth pistol in order to UV and Texture them. I made some pretty renders too but under the media blackout I'm not allowed to post them 8)
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Never was my strong point >:D
semiquaver
Mole Person

Post by semiquaver »

DaveW wrote:Unfortunately with mods like these it's often all or nothing. I originally intended to release New Vision package by package, but quickly realised it wasn't possible. If I ever needed to adjust a texture from another package I couldn't, because there'd be hundreds of people who wouldn't update who would then complain that their textures didn't look very good etc. - I mean, look at the downloads for New Vision (90,000) and then for the New Vision Hotfix (35,000).

Plus, no one on the team expected it to take this long. If they had, they might have set up a release model to favour rolling updates. But they didn't and to do so now would take even more time.
This.
metche wrote:I never asked for this.