Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: A question/suggestion + some concerns

Post by DDL »

Wouldn't work for visible weapon mods though. Or anything else that needs actual code changes (examples of which there are...a fair few).
And it would be a nightmare to write (and then test).
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

To be fair, would it be more of a nightmare to write/test than the kind of HDTP-readiness implemented in Shifter? That was a whole lot of script changes along basically the same lines.

Personally, I would be totally okay giving up treats like visible weapon mods if it means I can actually patch (or mod) my game.
DDL

Post by DDL »

I don't see what's stopping you patching (or modding) your game right now, in all honesty. :-s
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Oh, I meant from the perspective of a user, though. Pretend for a moment that I don't actually know what I'm doing (which is debatable nonetheless) while reading that.
paladin181
Thug

Post by paladin181 »

DDL wrote:J
In essence, the unreal engine's class-based package system is not optimal for modding of the type we're doing. An engine where individual elements could be dissected out and altered without forcing a full recompile would be far nicer, but them's the breaks.
Which is why I'd LOVE to have seen Deus Ex Ported to the Fallout 3 Engine. :P Talk about flexibility, Bethesda's been doing it right for a long time. Is it perfect? No, but damn is it easy to work with and edit.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Salk wrote:Do you mean that both Shifter and Human Renovation are compatible with the upcoming version or that the compatibility is limited to the "demo" version released many years ago?
DX:HR compatible HDTP!?! Do want. You know with some tweaks you could probably make it tell the origins of Gunther...
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:
Salk wrote:Do you mean that both Shifter and Human Renovation are compatible with the upcoming version or that the compatibility is limited to the "demo" version released many years ago?
DX:HR compatible HDTP!?! Do want. You know with some tweaks you could probably make it tell the origins of Gunther...
Wait what?

Salk didn't say Human Revolution, he said Human Renovation, which is a Gameplay mod for Deus Ex 1 based on original coding for Shifter/DeusEx2.0. :P

Also, m3rc1l3ss, if you want some back story on Gunther, get the HR spin off Novel; The Icarus Effect.
Also, it gives a fair amount of backstory and information on the three bosses from HR, considering they were left completely in the dark during the game.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C140 :giggle:

I rant on about this book far too much.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

nerdenstein wrote:Salk didn't say Human Revolution, he said Human Renovation, which is a Gameplay mod for Deus Ex 1 based on original coding for Shifter/DeusEx2.0. :P
I knew that using a pun on the sequel to name a mod was a terrible idea. I just knew it!