Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Re: HDTP scheduled for Archival on ModDB

Post by gamer0004 »

Jonas wrote:OMFG THIS MOD IS DEAD IT'S BEEN MORE THAN TWO HOURS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE, YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE FANS.
I really want to "like" this. I am a facebook sheep.

Anyway, it looks really nice!
Last edited by gamer0004 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I find myself wanting to upvote or downvote comments around here a lot, because I have been spending too much time on Reddit.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Yeah I do that too, I even move the mouse ready to click upvote and then realise I'm an idiot.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Does HDTP improve the skins for all NPCs in the game? if so no wonder it has taken years. Argh that Aug canister pic has driven me mad! I love those things in vanilla dx and now they look super awesome! weapons is what I look forward too most though! I also really appreciate you guys are staying true to the original design, I love EVERYTHING about the original designs. The weapon mod items, datacubes, aug canisters, credit chits, ATMs love em! 8-[
DX is fucking unbelievably awesome, and with mods even more so.
Phobosares
Thug

Post by Phobosares »

I agree, I think Deus Ex remains the top of the three games. Mainly because of the well-executed gameplay and storyline. This mod is going to up the antis and make the game even more intriguing then ever before. Keep up the great work guys!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote:DaveW made some Aug cans, so they're now in too.
AUGS.jpg
His work looks great as usual! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it live when the time comes.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Excellent! That canister is really sexy!

Thanks a lot!
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

This thread has been fun to watch

Also, Cybernetic Pig, they have said they can't do ALL the NPC models, only the major ones, because otherwise it will not release until 2027. I just hope they manage to pull it off in such a way that the old NPC models dont glaringly stand out next to the new ones
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

This was scary to read!
Thank god, though, all is cleared.

It's Deus Ex, no one can expect someone to release a major contribution in just months, I was actually scared for our mod too as we are generally folks who believe in the same concept that there should be work done before press/media releases.

Also, shouldn't be too harsh on the admin now :P
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I should also note I'm currently working on a method for making the character models optional, since they seem the most contentious (plus since we can't do them all, people might honestly prefer to have no HDTP characters rather than mixed High Def and vanilla characters in the same scene). It's hacky, and may end up requiring the end user to do some ini editing unless I get off my arse and tackle window code (*shudder*), but it seems to work. Plus it's on a per-character basis, so you can pick and choose which ones get HDTPified if you want to.

At the moment I'm working on the premise that everybody is happy with new weapons, though.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Customization is always good so thanks for trying to offer different HDTP flavours.

If it was not for the fact that HDTP does not update all the NPC models, I'd have suggested to not bother making it optional but being that the case it does make sense.

The weapons though are all HDTP-ified and you shouldn't worry about that!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:I should also note I'm currently working on a method for making the character models optional, since they seem the most contentious (plus since we can't do them all, people might honestly prefer to have no HDTP characters rather than mixed High Def and vanilla characters in the same scene). It's hacky, and may end up requiring the end user to do some ini editing unless I get off my arse and tackle window code (*shudder*), but it seems to work. Plus it's on a per-character basis, so you can pick and choose which ones get HDTPified if you want to.

At the moment I'm working on the premise that everybody is happy with new weapons, though.
To paraphrase Henry Ford, "You can have any color as long as it's black." Characters, sure, but anything else I think if you don't want HDTP versions then don't use HDTP :) Most of the new weapons look great though (not that I'm biased)
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

I think personally the best solution would be a pack for characters, a pack for props and a pack for first person weapons. This way, the purists can pick and choose

it's probably way too much work though, and since it is not a feature I would personally use (I love the FPS weapon models so far), it may go completely unused

Also,I know it probably isnt possible with Deus Ex's horrid engine, but I think instead of an ini edit, either a console command or a "delete the .u files for the characters you dont want" aproach would work better for computer noobs
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Except I am pretty sure there will be just 1 .u file, DeusExCharacters.u
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Except I am pretty sure there will be just 1 .u file, DeusExCharacters.u
yeah that was the "think about things without thinking about things" part of my brain talking. its too early in the day