Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
pl1982
Thug

Thank you and one question

Post by pl1982 »

Hi HDTP crew,

Firstly, let me just say thank you so much for what you do; together with DaveW (new vision) you guys enhance the Deus Ex experience (which I have played through about 13 times now over all the years); your dedication and effort are greatly appreciated by myself and many other Deus Ex fanatics. I just have one question though (I asked this question to DaveW in new vision forums as well, but just thought I would mention it here as well together with my expression of gratitude for the HDTP project): are there any plans when HDTP eventually launches (not too far away I hope!) to combine new vision and HDTP into one package/installer (akin to some "mega-mods" out there)? I just mention this since these two mod projects complement each other so nicely and having them integrated into one installer/package/mega-mod would be wonderful.

If you would be so kind as to answer this question, I would greatly appreciate it and again thank you for all your hard work.
-pl1982
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Thank you and one question

Post by DDL »

I don't see why this shouldn't be possible. As I recall, the current HDTP install already adds a smallish folder with some preliminary NV assets in it...it's just that an install of NV comes higher in the package hierarchy so gets loaded first.

It would add to the filesize substantially, of course...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

DDL wrote:I don't see why this shouldn't be possible. As I recall, the current HDTP install already adds a smallish folder with some preliminary NV assets in it...it's just that an install of NV comes higher in the package hierarchy so gets loaded first.

It would add to the filesize substantially, of course...
Someone hopped in a time machine in 2006 and took preliminary assets from the mod I started in 2007? Egads!

My issue with doing this is the filesize. New Vision is freaking huge, mostly because of the animated package. The best thing I can think of is having a screen in the HDTP installer where you can locate a New Vision download and install it.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I don't know how much work it'd take, but maybe add a tutorial video for installation and file changes and such?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Install NV first and then HDTP - the changes will copy over when the HDTP installer copies DeusEx.ini.

Although I'm not sure how necessary that is any more with Kentie's updated launcher which has support for data directories. I haven't actually played Deus Ex with New Vision (I did do a playthrough of TNM since releasing it, but I kept the original textures on)
pl1982
Thug

Post by pl1982 »

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it. I (and quite a few other DX fans I am sure) am really looking forward to the final release of both New Vision and HDTP.

Regards,
-pl1982