Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Jobesky
Thug

Re: HDTP beta

Post by Jobesky »

Sorry for the 4th post in a row but I am PISSED!

I can't get the FOV to stick, and I can't access HDTP settings unless it's at the top of Data Directories and Shifter won't work unless it's at the top. :evil:

EDIT: I think Shifter is the reason my FOV won't stick - after I installed it, nothing makes it stick. I've edited all the relevant .ini's and no changes.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Post have an "edit" button on them. Please use it instead of double quadruple posting.
Blackbird
Thug

Post by Blackbird »

Nice to see Shifter being updated to work with this. Thanks so much yuki! =D>
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

DDL, could you update the first post with a warning to turn off the MJ12 troopers? A lot of people might just read the OP and download the beta. Would save us all a lot of explaining.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Good idea!
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

A minor request DDL: could the next version of HDTP include meshes which reference the new animated textures? Like I said, if the mesh references the texture directly it will autoload it without having to specify an #Exec in the script, keeping the load dynamic. In the two cases where it's needed it would just be a matter of re-jiggering the existing mesh to reference new textures... though I will admit I have no idea how difficult that is.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Well if i may ask a question. I have Shifter 1.9 with Revision 1.3.1, New Vision, Direct10 renderer and HDTP (newest). For some odd reason on random places when i try to save the game crashes. Any known reason why? Thanks :)
desullen
Mole Person

Post by desullen »

Hello all

I get this error while trying to start up vanilla DX + new vision + HDTP with the files replaced with the new beta ones (plus having the book files put in /HDTP/Textures, hope that's right):

http://gyazo.com/0b7b820c700253dd41bbd8919a1f5efd

Any ideas what's causing this? I googled and it seems exactly no one else is having this problem.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

All .u files from the HDTP beta should go into DeusEx\System with the EXCEPTION of DeusEx.u that should go into DeusEx\HDTP\System. The HDTPanim.utx should go into DeusEx\HDTP\Textures.

That should solve your problems.
GregP
Mole Person

Post by GregP »

A bit late, but -- Yuki, THANK YOU so much for updating Shifter to work with the HDTP Beta. I can *finally* begin a new playthrough of DX without being frustrated that I'm missing out on anything!
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 8GB DDR3-1600 / 2x7970 3GB / Audigy X-Fi / Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

Hey, just glad to keep Deus Ex in people's gaming rotation. Plus, the guys have put so much effort in on HDTP, how could I not do my part to help it be used more?
blueraga
Mole Person

Post by blueraga »

Hello, I decided to go on another playthrough of Deus Ex after finishing Human Revolution and I seem to have come across a bug mentioned on Shifter 1.9's modDB page comments: "Encountered a problem trying to run this with modified exes - specifically both Kentie's and Hanfling's. Shifter 1.8.4 runs fine on both, but after installing Shifter 1.9, the game crashes to desktop as soon as you get past the character setup on New Game."

It works fine when I load an already-existing save, though. I decided to update Shifter from 1.8.4 to 1.9 because some of the weapons in the HDTP beta release look awesome, but now I'm left in a hard spot over whether to sacrifice the fixes Kentie's exe provides for me (because I use a 16:9 screen and the sound configurator gets rid of the grain) or play it with the grainy sound and low-res... (like any game, high-def textures don't look as great when the meshes they're on look kinda jagged...)

I followed all the instructions in the readme, so I'm really not sure what's wrong. Guess I'll have to revert to Shifter 1.8.4 for now, but does that version work with HDTP?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I have no idea about this bug, but FOV and sound latency are stored in DeusEx.ini, so if you restore the vanilla .exe those settings will still be there. Or at least they should be. I don't know if the vanilla .exe implemented them correctly though.
Last edited by bjorn98009_91 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Confirmed here. I've deleted Deus Ex folder from Documents and i've got rid of default.ini as suggested, and the game loads fine, but saving on "specific" places crashes it horribly. So horribly that the log is partially incomplete. Don't know why is this yuki, maybe you could assist us? :)
blueraga
Mole Person

Post by blueraga »

@Bjorn No, it doesn't exactly implement them...correctly, so to speak. Basically, what the modified exes do is that when you play full screen on a 16:9 or 16:10 computer, instead of merely taking the resolution you're playing and blowing it up (which is why the meshes get weird), it actively rescales everything. So instead of looking like a bunch of stairs, straight edges on, say, the GEP gun look like actual edges.