Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: HDTP beta

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

WTF happend with Jaimie? :O :P

Btw, if you destroy chairs I think they sit in the air until their current conversation is over.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Hi hi!

Sorry, been having yet another extended period of real life. Damn that whole real life thing.

Right, chair issue: this is current? I'll try and check it later tonight and see if I get it my end. I really don't know why it would be the case, since I can't think of any reason why I'd've changed the sitpoints for the chairs, but hey. If it's the animation frame for the HDTP characters, that would be even more confusing.

Um. Just in the off chance anyone has a chance to read this before I test, are all the chairs fucked for all characters, or just some? And if so, is it just "some chairs are fucked", or "some characters are fucked"? And if the latter, is it just some HDTP chars, or ..what?

Don't go out of your way to test it or anything, but if you can recall off the top of your head, please by all means post here.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

When I played GMDX a few months ago I don't recall any "non-chairness", and Jaime didn't creep me out. Unfortunately I seem to be developing C.R.A.F.T. disease but in this case I think it'd be something I would notice.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Also, DDL. If you turn off a SecurityCamera via it's properties it still has the green glow around it. Is it possible for you to fix that?
DDL

Post by DDL »

Can have a look.

Chair thing turns out to be a tad more complicated than I hoped. It looks like the conversion method Akerfeldt used (to save us vast amounts of animation time) doesn't actually handle sitting anim positions with terribly great fidelity. But added to that, even the original meshes were pretty fucked. Vanilla GFM_ShirtPants (or whatever anna's mesh is called) will sit riiight on the edge of seats, so HDTP anna, who copies the animation (but not quite, for sitting) sits even more retardedly.

This will need some careful thought. Maybe I'll handle the camera first. :P
Blackbird
Thug

Post by Blackbird »

Any progress on the fixes?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FWIW, on the HDTP moddb comments page:
Toron
Toron Jul 9 2014, 8:08am says:

The only thing I don't like are the new reload animations for the pistol and sniper rifle. You can't use reload mods on those weapons as it's always the same fixed animation that plays for those weapons which doesn't decrease the reload time. Also both animations are as fast as the highest reload mod upgrade in vanilla which really changes the gameplay. Is there any way to use the new models with the old animations?
Does the speed of the reload animations cap the overall reload speed of the weapons?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

ggrotz wrote: Does the speed of the reload animations cap the overall reload speed of the weapons?
On the snipe it does, Not on any other weapon.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
ggrotz wrote: Does the speed of the reload animations cap the overall reload speed of the weapons?
On the snipe it does, Not on any other weapon.
The person is claiming the snipe and the pistol is doing it. Only problem is I really don't know how to put a number on it (reload key to gun ready). But my quick testing, both by adjusting skills and adding reload mods, reveals that the person seems to have a point. Like for the snipe, it seems to be about 2 seconds no matter what you do (by contrast, it should be 1 second if you load it up with reload mods).
DDL

Post by DDL »

I could look at this. No guarantees on time, obviously.

I should probably upload the latest build to you afterward anyway, since I'm pretty sure your installer is the way forward at this point.

(it's interesting how all these keep cropping up, and I'm amazed at how much some peoples' playstyles vary. I mean, reload mods on the pistol?)
DDL

Post by DDL »

Hmmmm, ok: had a look.

Essentially reload anims work as follows:

"reloadbegin" =reasonably elaborate sequence
"reload" =short, simple sequence
"reloadend" =reasonably elaborate sequence

And the game calls the first (if present), then LOOPS the second for the reloadtime, then plays the third (if present). I assume this is so you don't end up seeing the whole process at superspeed: at the fastest possible reload speed, you'll simply play each animation once, at the normal speed (rather than...say: begin, five repeats of reload, end).

However, the animation import lines for the pistol and rifle have just "reload" anims, thus the first and last calls are ignored, and it tries to loop the reload anim for reloadtime. Since the reload anim now encapsulates the entirety of the reloading animation from start to finish, it's never shorter than reloadtime, so you just see it play through once. And of course, the speed at which it plays doesn't change, so yeah: it plays through once at all reload speeds, and reload mods won't do shit for you.

This should be fixable, though. Good catch, Toron (whoever Toron is).

If anyone else has interesting stuff like this, or spots stuff while browsing moddb or whatever, please post it here.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yeah, pumping out a new HDTP with some of the fixes you've applied would be awesome. Do you have a good bug tracking system or how do you manage bugs that we report?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Oh yeah, it does do it on the pistol also. HDTP cutting corners there :P Still, regardless of this whoever made that pistol did a damn fine job. such an improvement over that ugly vanilla thing and the anim is nice.

Edit: and now suddenly I want the silencer mod for the shotguns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsPq9xtE69w

Wouldn't matter balance-wise in vanilla DX as all weapons basically have a silencer by default. the silencer mod is almost irrelevant.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Just a thought, since we just brought up the sniper rifle and pistol: Does this apply to any of the other weapons (assault rifle, assault shotgun, GEP gun, minicrossbow, stealth pistol, flamethrower, plasma rifle, etc) that take reload mods? In other words, is what DDL points out a generic routine or done explicitly for each weapon?

Edit: Okay found a way to check (by counting how many times that middle animation plays). Seems the pistol and sniper rifle are the only two.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: (it's interesting how all these keep cropping up, and I'm amazed at how much some peoples' playstyles vary. I mean, reload mods on the pistol?)
DX encourages you to try things, that's for certain. I don't typically do it, but I've done it when I've gone for a "light" set (pistol weapons, grenades only). Basically, play any way you want.