Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
froggygdude
Thug

Control Freezes

Post by froggygdude »

After doing a clean install of Deus Ex and installing New Vision and HDTP (in that order), I've run into an issue. At certain spots in the game, if I look at a particular area, the controls freeze. Characters still move around, and occasionally try to shoot me (which causes a CTD), but objects (sometimes) disappear, and I can't use my mouse or keyboard except to alt+tab the game to close it from the desktop (not even alt+f4 works in game). What I've been doing to get around this is quicksave, reboot, look down and move to the spot I was looking at when it crashed, and then quicksaving again. Dunno why, but that seems to work...until now, in the VersaLife Lab (first trip, for the ROM encoding). I get this input freeze when looking at the stairs leading to the armoury, and in the armoury itself. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
Deus Ex: The bomb!

Deus Ex- Invisible War: A bomb! What a shame.

Deus Ex- Human Revolution: They announce and I cheer, and I spill my drink all over my uniform!
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Control Freezes

Post by ggrotz »

froggygdude wrote: At certain spots in the game, if I look at a particular area, the controls freeze. Dunno why, but that seems to work...until now, in the VersaLife Lab (first trip, for the ROM encoding). I get this input freeze when looking at the stairs leading to the armoury, and in the armoury itself. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
The seated animation for the HDTP version of the MJ12 trooper is buggy, and will cause things like what you are noticing. Go into the HDTP Settings and disable the MJ12 trooper (it will use the original) and things should be better.
Last edited by ggrotz on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
froggygdude
Thug

Re: Control Freezes

Post by froggygdude »

That did nothing, sadly. Didn't even switch character models, oddly enough.

EDIT: Teehee, I need to set the Global mode to "Custom." :oops: It works now. Thanks, mate.
Deus Ex: The bomb!

Deus Ex- Invisible War: A bomb! What a shame.

Deus Ex- Human Revolution: They announce and I cheer, and I spill my drink all over my uniform!