Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Re: GMDX: Gameplay Mod. Final Version Released (HDTP Compati

Post by gamer0004 »

(I know, I should get myself a marketing position).
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Cybernetic pig wrote:A HDTP bug. In both the moddb installation guide and the instructions in the User's Manual as well as the HDTP beta page you are told to disable the MJ12 models.

Also, do you have any tasty feedback that I can feed off of?
Actually i have some feedback. I was frustrated for 3 hours at Lebedeve's airfield (the lobby with the first ambrosia) because that fucking sniper took me off every goddamn time. Grenades wouldn't work. Sneaking behind wouldn't too becuase he had 90+ FOV as far as i could tell. But i got past that.

Other than that i think that the save points are really nicely managed.

As for levels, today I got to Hong Kong and actually used that swimming skill (finally) in canal road. Also those triad people at canal road (dried) were throwing knives at me and killed me 5x in a row with 1 knife hit. Pretty punishing, but realistic. I am very much looking to Paris, since i've forgotten almost everything past the ship.

MJ12 Helipad Hong-Kong was nicely done too. I finally used those air shafts and explored a bit. I did like that you didn't modify too much the basic Market, because it's just so well crafted. Revision did awesome job, but made the Market so much confusing -- i still think that it's the best level ever made and it should stay almost untouched. Revision was nice because it kept the main part which made it so awesome. So cranked up space and so nice details.

The main problem i have with DX, is that the levels are detailed ONLY where they NEED to be. Revision detailed them everywhere, your mod at the key spots. The levels are a nice balance between Revision and vanilla though and i like that!

The feedback so far is that for instance the UMP is nice, but compared to assault bit useless (but then again it takes less space and more conviniently). The other weapons (especially riot prod) have been balanced REALLLY smoothly and nicely and play so well that now you get the feeling it's only YOU against an ARMY and you FEEL it. No other rushing through crowd of bots unharmed.

As for augmentations, all of them are nicely balanced, although i must be against ADS not blocking plasma and knives etc, which was my favourite feature. Other than that maybe adding EMP to that strength would be nice. Other augs are pretty much normal, but don't suck.

Skill system is managed nicely. I used the swimming skill (lol finally) and actually i don't regret putting some points into it. Money-wise i don't have a lot of money. I am always short on credits and affording that 4000C thermooptic camo is just insane. I like it because -- again you feel like on a mission by YOURSELF and you have only so much with you to spend.

Alright wow what a rambletext. Gonna play some more DX and if i have any feedback, will write :)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Actually i have some feedback. I was frustrated for 3 hours at Lebedeve's airfield (the lobby with the first ambrosia) because that fucking sniper took me off every goddamn time. Grenades wouldn't work. Sneaking behind wouldn't too becuase he had 90+ FOV as far as i could tell. But i got past that.
Yeah that sniper's a bastard. You can get him non-lethally but it's tough.
The main problem i have with DX, is that the levels are detailed ONLY where they NEED to be.
Quite true.
The feedback so far is that for instance the UMP is nice, but compared to assault bit useless (but then again it takes less space and more conviniently).
It's actually not that different in stats to the assault gun: Less range, less clipsize (25 is the clip size the UMP has IRL, which works out perfectly as I wanted it to have smaller clip size), less recoil, less inventory size, cannot have scope.

Modified to the maximum it rivals the assualt gun rather nicely. It's only positives over the assault gun are less recoil, smaller inventory size and governed by pistol skill, which is slightly cheaper.
1 inventory grid is important, that block can be used for carrying 10 LAMs or gas nades, so it was important to make the Assault gun better in stats. We buffed the Assault a little too.
As for augmentations, all of them are nicely balanced, although i must be against ADS not blocking plasma and knives etc
[/quote]

Hmm, I'm pretty sure we only removed plasma and proximity mines as things that get detonated.

As for the rest: tasty. You have good taste ;)
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

As for the rest: tasty. You have good taste ;)
Hah thanks! :D I grew up with Deus Ex, SS2 and HL series, so i love those the most. Also Anachronox. That's a great game!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

medzernik wrote: Other than that maybe adding EMP to that strength would be nice.)
Wait, you took combat strength instead of microfibral muscle!!? Don't you know of the fun to now be had with MM?

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlkhkLrOfs

Granted, we overlooked a minor thing with it but we'll get that sorted in a patch sometime...maybe. It's Deus Ex so it deserves it but it's minor and Ion Storm didn't patch some things so we we can get away with it too :)
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
medzernik wrote: Other than that maybe adding EMP to that strength would be nice.)
Wait, you took combat strength instead of microfibral muscle!!? Don't you know of the fun to now be had with MM?

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlkhkLrOfs

Granted, we overlooked a minor thing with it but we'll get that sorted in a patch sometime.
I took MM, not the combat strenght :)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

:D

Well, have fun. More feedback positive or negative is welcome.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Cybernetic pig wrote::D

Well, have fun. More feedback positive or negative is welcome.
Alright i found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cEg5Xo7VFU

WHAT the HELL... I guess everytime you learn something new from DX.

EDIT: Also this!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5odtVZkIF6o
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

medzernik wrote: Alright i found this:

Cool finds, though not legit ones; design oversights. Meh, it's unavoidable for some things, even more understandable for games of great complexity such as this.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Someone is saying in the comments that it is possible to unlock the loyal-to-UNATCO conversation, which seems to me to be false as that's not how anything in Deus Ex works AFAIK:
It's possible to get this conversation without cheats in DE:GotY edition.
You just have to be UNATCO posterboy:
- Give Gunther your pistol
- Kill every terrorist you meet (except the leader in the first mission)
- Don't go into women's bathroom
- Don't tell Anna that you have "Nerves made of steel"
- Save the hostages at the Hotel
- Don't interrupt Simons' interrogation
- Execute Lebedev as soon as Anna tells you to
After you get the "proof", go straight back to Paul and this dialogue will play
Does any modder know (or can s/he find out) whether that's correct? Just in case :)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

gamer0004 wrote: - Give Gunther your pistol
It's a possibility, but perhaps it's just some dialogue dropped but left in the files that someone restored via conEdit, and therefore not a design oversight but just the work of a troll. I spoke too soon and am ashamed.

Jonas would know.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
medzernik wrote: Alright i found this:

Cool finds, though not legit ones; design oversights. Meh, it's unavoidable for some things, even more understandable for games of great complexity such as this.
Is there a possibility that i could get the command line working with GMDX? I want to change some settings and so on, but i cannot activate it.
medzernik
NSF

Post by medzernik »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
gamer0004 wrote: - Give Gunther your pistol
It's a possibility, but perhaps it's just some dialogue dropped but left in the files that someone restored via conEdit, and therefore not a design oversight but just the work of a troll. I spoke too soon and am ashamed.

Jonas would know.
Actually, originally DX had 2 storylines, 1 for UNATCO and 1 for NSF (present one). Looks like they didn't finish it in time.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

medzernik wrote: Actually, originally DX had 2 storylines, 1 for UNATCO and 1 for NSF (present one). Looks like they didn't finish it in time.
I am aware of this but the fact that the dialogue is in-game is either an oversight (because you cannot actually side with UNATCO so it shouldn't be there) or somebody restored the conversation that might have just been left in the package.
medzernik wrote: Is there a possibility that i could get the command line working with GMDX? I want to change some settings and so on, but i cannot activate it.
Nope. That's part of the hardcore deal. No challenge destroying cheats, no immersion breaking commands. Developer's tool, not players ;)
it's one thing I believe shouldn't be the player's choice for this particular mode. Not choosing hardcore mode enables console cammands.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

IIRC all you have to do to get that conversation is return to Paul after finding the evidence against UNATCO in the basement of the NSF warehouse, but before you send the signal that Paul asked you to send. Nothing really comes of it, of course, your only option is to go back and send the signal, the game doesn't continue otherwise.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine