Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Bob Page Models.

Post by Phasmatis »

I am uploading these because someone asked for them and I can't send files over private message. I guess I could email them but you never know someone else might like them as well.

They are the Bob Page models and textures I created for HDTP quite a while ago. The model is in Obj format and the textures are PNG. The trousers of the clothed model are just green and haven't been started, neither have the shoes but everything else is there.
Attachments
BobPageClothed.7z
(919.14 KiB) Downloaded 901 times
BobPage Augmented.7z
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 850 times
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Mirrorman95
Thug

Re: Bob Page Models.

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Thanks! I've been wondering what Bob Page looks like in HD. If I have time, I might try to figure out how to finish the models and put them into the game. Say, how did you apply separate textures to the Face, Torso, and Legs? It seems like those meshes are all lumped together. Seriously, because right now I can't apply the separate textures to the Head, Jacket, and Trousers because they're all in one mesh, so until I can figure out how to separate the mesh into those three components, I can't do anything practical with the model.
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Awesome, look forward to seeing them in game. :)
Mirrorman95
Thug

Post by Mirrorman95 »

As I've said, the obj file is not modular enough to be ported to Deus Ex, but the textures are consistent enough with the rest of the HDTP that I managed to get Bob Page's face on Paul's body. Here are the results: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/mirrorma ... ot0004.bmp
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I don't know how you would do it any other programme but in Max you have to apply material ids. You select the polys of different parts of the mesh, for instance the head, then apply a material id to those polys. Then in the material editor you create a multi/sub-object material and add the textures to each id.

Here's an example:
MaterialIDExample.jpg
Mirrorman95
Thug

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I do have 3DS Max, so I'll try using that next time I fiddle with the model. So I would need to select each individual polygon by hand to apply the textures to the model correctly?
Is there any way you can post your .max files of the models so I don't have to spend hours reselecting polygons?
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Here you go.
Attachments
BobPageMaxFiles.7z
(125.64 KiB) Downloaded 829 times