Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Repeat Request: anims for new GMDX game mechanic

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I am in need of two complex but very short animations for a kick melee attack.

About the animations.

-Two animations: one a standing kick, the other a jumping kick, both from the first person perspective.
-Must utilize the HDTP JCD model. The files are good to go.
-Vertex animation method, unless bones is possible (previous attempts appear to have failed).
-approximately 1.5 second long sequences, tweaking obviously required to get it to look just right.

I am not an animator/3D artist (obviously) so some things have to be left to the artists/animators discretion.

For an example of what the result is intended to be, check out the standing kick from Brutal Doom, but obviously it wouldn't be a sprite-based animation, and without the excessive gore.
Intended functionality of the kick mechanic:

-Used with a dedicated button, i.e you will not have to "equip" the leg, you can kick at any time just like a real human, barring conversations and cutscenes of course.
-Will be a weak non-lethal attack, but can be upgraded with a new lower body combat strength aug which significantly increases force exerted and damage output. If upgraded becomes a lethal attack.
-Player can kick doors open under certain conditions: they have to be unlocked, have the suitable texture type (wooden), and whatever else that is required to get it to work in a simulated/realistic manner. With the lower body combat strength aug damage is increased so you you will be able to break doors also with high powered kick just like you can with normal (upper body) combat strength.
-Player will be able to kick objects around. (adapting code from GMDX's improved microfibral muscle).
-Due to localized damage already present in DX, jumping and kicking NPCs in the head will result in more damage, which obviously will reward more skilled players.

Obviously there will be plenty more minor details that I won't bother listing here because nobody will actually care about the finer details until they are in the game. From the potential animator however only two sequences are wanted.
Much more from potential animators is wanted (first person lower body awareness anims, more sequences to kick and much more), I am looking for people to join the GMDX team, but that is not likely to happen as the DX community appears to be dying or dormant. All I really want is for someone to provide those two kick sequences, just imagine kicking MJ12's ass nonmetaphorically!