Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Hanfling
MJ12

[Request] Asset only package with constant naming convention

Post by Hanfling »

/edit:
Okay screw what i wrote before, the dependency was caused by some revision package and i mistook those but you should move that additional DeusExPlayer variable to Human anyway and put the old DeusEx.u in SystemConform/.
However, what i need is actually HDTP packages which have some consinstent naming scheme which matches the old one.

e.g.:

Code: Select all

Old:               DeusExItems.ShotgunPickup
What it is now:    HDTPItems.HDTPsawedoffpickup
What it should be: HDTPItems.HDTPShotgunPickup
Also they should be compatible to the old models (especially animation), so that it would require no code changes to have them acting as a replacement. I read somewhere you talked about some added reload animation which is not looped. Either this animation could simply have a different name or use a different model.

That way one could easily autogenerate the name of the HDTP assests. What I'm trying to do is, to create a virtual package at runtime, lets say DeusExDeco, and if a matching HDTP asset exists, that one is loaded, and if not the old one will get used. After creating the virtual package for ULaunchSystem in my launcher i'm rather sure that this is possible.

I know that this will not expose all HDTP features, but will cut down the amount of classes needed to change to those few with custom behaviour, like the weapons. But weapons are easy to replacable by a mutator anyway (I have all the code needed for this, which even works when the item is badly placed so the replacement spawn would have failed before).

Btw. I've also started working yesterday on a Commandlet to check if a mesh is bad like it was for this one scriptedpawn in an old HDTP release. (My assumption is still that it reaches some RemapLimit or sth.)
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: [Request] Asset only package with constant naming conven

Post by DDL »

Um. While I can see where you're going with this, I'm more or less certain that what you're asking is wholly beyond my time budget (and indeed ability) to do. And given that the HDTP team at the moment is....me, this does present a fairly insurmountable stumbling block. :/
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Maybe you could provide the source files so someone with more time on their hands could normalize the HDTP names? Not that I have the time, but well someone could probably write a script that scans vanilla classes and builds a list of vanilla names for the assets and then it scans the hdtp classes to get the HDTP names, it then formats the names and update the scripts.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

As a start (a) package(s) with just the HDTP meshes in there which are compatible with the vanilla ones would be nice enough.

Concerning your time, maybe i'm mistaken, but either i remember reading somewhere that you will update TNM with HDTP stuff, and if that would work transparent and cut down the changes actually needed, that might not even increase the time you need to spent on HDTP in the long term.

However, if you give someone the sources and this one will rename the stuff this would be fine too. And maybe a script which checks the defaultproperties might be enough to figure out the naming changes needed though.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.