Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
fretzie
Thug

Re: What to Install to Get All HD Textures and Related MODS

Post by fretzie »

Andrievskaya Veronika,

What do you suggest I should ask? I'd be interested is disabling the 999 save limit. If it's in the code, where is that code? Can I get at it (likely not)? Maybe there's some other way to disable it? What are the technical capabilities of those on that site?

Just wondering.

Fred
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

Most of forum members are there now.
Image 2018_08_13-23_39.png
I can suggest you to remove (or backup) old savegames, up to 300, for example. Can i have your problematic savegame?
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Well, I got impatient , and I dreamed up a solution for my problem that didn't work (explained below). In the active game, I copied a save that was the closest (prior to 1,000) to the point I needed to start replaying the quest I needed to replay. I put it in a separate folder and saved it. You see, the save I rally needed was saved after 999 saves. It was overridden and no longer available. Maybe nothing was even saved.

Understand, it took me a while to realize what was happening. That is, I kept saving not realizing that saves were being overridden, or not saved, after I reached 999, and that total saves were staying at 1,000. Get it? I didn't see this until I needed a save that was not there. It was overridden, or not even saved. I don't know which.

At this point I cannot make new saves. Any new saves overwrite any previous save. I'm always at 1,000 now. Therefore, I cannot continue playing the game. Confused yet? I was!

I then deleted all my saves in the Documents folder, and then I started a new game (thinking the game would reset to zero saves), saved at the south dock and exited. I then copied the previous old save from the separate folder to the new save folder in Documents. I ran the new game, but the new game didn't recognize the old save. It only recognized the new save at the south dock. I'm now on the south dock in the new game. I only have the one old save there (that isn't recognized), and a new save on the south dock.

That's the total story. Any questions?

Fred

Edit: I can give you the old save, but I don't think it's usable, because I started a new game which doesn't recognize it. The save limit in the new game is set at 0003. I think the limit goes to 1,000. You can save to 999, and 1,000 doesn't do anything.
Last edited by fretzie on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

I'd like to get that save game :) and previous one too, if possible.
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Well, as I said, I started a new game, and then I deleted all the old saves, except for the one I needed that was just below 999. I'm not sure how to get that one old save to you. The forum won't accept a copy post here. Maybe I can post it to a hosting site. Let me try that and get beck.

Fred
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Can't post the save to a hosting site either. it can't accept a .dxs file. Maybe I can email it to you? Let me know what you want me to do.

Fred
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Andrievskaya Veronika,

I managed to upload the Save to Drop Box. You can download it from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/06_Hong ... e=personal

Let me know what happens now. Ha!

Fred
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

The link does not works ((

Anyway, I need whole directory, like here:
Image 2018_08_14-08_45.png
Image 2018_08_14-08_45.png (17.67 KiB) Viewed 11872 times
Put it to ZIP archive, and then you can upload it here.
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Andrievskaya Veronika,

When I use the "Add the file" process below, it lists the Save zip file (2.1MB) as always in "Progress." It never finishes uploading. I don't know why the file doesn't upload.

Fred
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Ok, then i need only saveInfo.dxs file.
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

I don't believe the current saveInfo.dxs file will be useful to you. Because:

When I hit the 999 save limit, I copied the one Save I needed to a separate folder.

I then deleted all my other saves in the Documents folder, including the saveInfo.dxs file.

I then started a new game (thinking the game would reset to zero saves).

In the new game, I saved at the south dock and exited.

I then copied the previous old save from the separate folder to the new save folder in Documents.

I ran the new game, but the new game does not recognize the old save. It only recognized the new save at the south dock.

I'm now on the south dock in the new game. I only have the one old save there (that isn't recognized), and the new save on the south dock. The saveInfo.dxs refers only to the new save on the south dock.

I didn't save the saveInfo.dxs file from the previous game where I hit the 999 limit. I only saved the Save file. My mistake.

The Save limit in new game is now 0003. It goes to 1,000, but the 1,000 save doesn't work. Limit is still 999.

Maybe you know how to disable the 999 save limit in the new game? I can then start over with new expanded limit.

What now?

Fred
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Maybe you know how to disable the 999 save limit in the new game? I can then start over with new expanded limit.
I don't know hot to disable it. I can only take this to account, so DXR will not have it.

SaveInfo.dxs contains information about savegame, including what map should be loaded. If it lost or broken, game does not knows, what to load. So, if one of your saves does not have it, you can generate it.

Find savegame which don't have it (for example SAVE\SAVE998\). Then find most recent .dxs file in that directory (sort files by date/time). For example 02_NYC_Bar.dxs has most recent date and time. Then load 02_nyc_bar manually (using Open console command) and perform quicksave, then exit game and copy saveinfo.dxs from SAVE\QuickSave\ to SAVE\SAVE998\ (as example).

Not sure if this will work, but i don't see other way for now.
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Andrievskaya Veronika,

Thank you for trying to help me. I think it is very hard to play this game with the 999 save limit. I may give up on this game. Nice game, too bad someone coded such a limit in this game.

Fred
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

You have much more chances to get help here: https://discord.gg/2vNfX5n

Currently only you and me here.
fretzie
Thug

Post by fretzie »

Andrievskaya Veronika,

I notice that we can download from the Internet free Deux Ex, GOTY edition, games. Do you know a download site that has the game without the 999 save limit? Those sites don't provide such information.

If I can find it, I may download and install such a game, delete my current game, and then I may start over and save as often as I like.

Fred