Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Wokky
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Wokky »

ZeroPresence wrote:the face is like... slanted backwards...
My thoughts also. The face now looks excellent from the front, but from the side profile it looks like it needs some work.
James T
UNATCO

Post by James T »

What's she look like side-on? (as in, exactly side on). There's something going on there -- maybe she lacks a brow ridge, like her forehead just follows the bridge of her nose like a big ramp? Hard to say from the shots.

Texture-wise, it's looking superb; I'm really liking the dress, and you did a greeat job on the lips. I think the hair's going the right way, up top at least; down the bottom, it would appear to be... a mullet.

Business at the front, party at the back -- like her apartment, in reverse!
"If all Americans want is security, they can go to prison." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
_Alex_
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by _Alex_ »

James T wrote:Business at the front, party at the back -- like her apartment, in reverse!reverse!
That's awesome.
haha

yeah she's rockin' abit of a mullet doo. i'll fiddle with it abit yet though, but it's still gonna be a mullet.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

She does look older ZP, but I think that was part of her story. She was an actress that had past her prime, and was moving into politics.

The shoulders are broad, but they taper down properly. I'm not sure how to interpret the character of Maggie Chow into physique. This otherwise slender model seems right.

Her face is slanted backwards oddly, and I dislike that. It could easily be a trick of the perspective, as we've seen with a few of the promo shots for various things. Hard to tell without a manipulable wireframe.

Jade earrings are a nice touch, though the chain is green.

Alex is becoming quite the 2025 fashion designer.
Michael_TSM
NSF

Post by Michael_TSM »

I thought it was 2052?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It is.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Thanks, I didn't look it up. I remembered the number 2025 as applying to something in DX, something like JC's birth or Paul's, etc. Anyway, insert the correct year into what I said earlier :)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

2025 is just retro.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Universalconstructor
Mole Person

Post by Universalconstructor »

Holy Chow, keep up the good work :)
CaptainObvious
Thug

Post by CaptainObvious »

Great textures and model, but as said the face has a strange backwards slant and IMO there's something wrong about the head to torso size ratio. Either the body has too broad shoulders, or the head is too small.

Just played abit around in Photoshop, to me it looks like the head is definitly too small, here's a picture to compare:

Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I have to agree with CaptainObvious.

EDIT: Although to say the truth, I would think that something in between would be best...
Last edited by Salk on Wed May 07, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

I as well.
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
Morpheus
X-51

Re: Maggie Chow ...W.I.P

Post by Morpheus »

I know I probably resurrect an old thread like this, but I have to ask, what happened to the Maggie Chow model in HDTP and why was it never added to the final?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Morpheus wrote:why was it never added to the final?
Read this thread.

Or if you want to save valuable time (trust me on this one), here's the short version: people complained, so no Maggie Chow model in HDTP.
SolidSnakePlissken
Mole Person

Post by SolidSnakePlissken »

When will people realize you can't satisfy people? At least she looked Asian. I still can't believe she was not released because people didn't like her profile or head shape/size. I mean like I said she was/is Asian. What do you expect? Lucy Lui from Kill Bill?. Some people just like to hate on everything nowadays... I am not talking to any specific person just people in general man, I found it in all forums. Especially hardcore fan basis like MGS, and DX. I still haven't figured out why :-k