Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

Fragbait wrote:I'm pretty sure the trailer is official,
That's a pretty awful trailer, I'm glad I never saw it before playing the game.
My main gripe being that it gives away important parts of the story that you shouldn't know before starting.

"I came to watch you die."
Fragbait
NSF

Post by Fragbait »

Nameless Voice wrote:My main gripe being that it gives away important parts of the story that you shouldn't know before starting.

"I came to watch you die."
I doubt back then you had many people overanalyzing the trailer to make out obscure details such as that. Given the video quality, you can barely read the blurry text in the second it's shown; it's only because you've played the game before that you recognize the conversation and know exactly what she's saying, so your mind fills in the blanks.

Sure, I can tell what the locations were of every shot in the trailer now, but I didn't know a majority of what the hell I was looking at before playing the game.

Anyway, I just realized that the guy who uploaded that copy lopped off the credits I was talking about that I assumed were in there :evil:, so if you want to see proof that it was the real thing, look here at 3:30 on.
Dr. Shotgun
Mole Person

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

I made a for reals 20 minute logo.

It could be better, but hey, it's something?
Michael_TSM
NSF

Post by Michael_TSM »

Interesting...
Though I don't like how the 'HDTP' text overlaps the word 'Project'
Also if that was shrunk down to be a website banner the text would be way to small
Otherwise I think it looks good.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Here's what I did in 5 minutes with Paint:
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdtppi9.png
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

vivaladan wrote:I'm not an artist, but I would suggest someone try using the style of the very recognisable HD logo to emphasise what the project is about. Post it here and get some feedback.

You guys are an absolute riot :D How cool - thanks for the contributions so far - wonderful stuff folks!

I have to say I love this logo (could you add TP to the end to make it full HDTP? :D ). It's clean and to the point AND it could be transferred to any background. I love this! Good work Vivaladan! :)
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

In fact scratch that - I could replicate this myself ;)

Excellent!
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

Fragbait wrote:I doubt back then you had many people overanalyzing the trailer to make out obscure details such as that. Given the video quality, you can barely read the blurry text in the second it's shown; it's only because you've played the game before that you recognize the conversation and know exactly what she's saying, so your mind fills in the blanks.
I realise that. But still, if someone did pay a lot of attention to it...
For a game like Deus Ex, I think the less you know going in, the better. Makes it kind of hard to sell the game, though, if you can't tell people what it's about!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

If you overanalyse a trailer purely to provide yourself with spoilers, I think you should feel pretty stupid if you then get annoyed because you discover spoilers.

You know, just fyi. :P
Fragbait
NSF

Post by Fragbait »

Aww, I missed metche saying that she'd fix it until after I...

Tahoma seems to fit best.