Playstation 2 Theme working in PC version DOWNLOAD!

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Playstation 2 Theme working in PC version DOWNLOAD!

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Hey there ppl! I was just messing about with the Playstation 2 Deus Ex Theme to see if it will work for the PC version. Anyway, Load up ModPlug and convert the MP3 to WAV then to .it

This is all fine, the .it file is intact and playing fully.

But when I import it into the Unreal Ed engine and save it UMX it only plays the first 30 seconds before cutting out and playing over again. What causes this? and can I get around it?

The reason why I am doing this is as an optional extra that people can use if they prefer the PS2 theme over the PC version. (equally they are both great, the Ps2 is more emotional where as the PC is more clearer and cyberpunkie)

TNM ppl would be able to tell me what happened in seconds seeing as the Mod has some music already implemented.

I know its a little irrelivant to HDTP but given it has merit to maybe enhancing the music for those who are willing. (probably no one)

So far I've decreased the file size to about 8mb and still maintain a good quality. .wav at 44khz 16bit stereo is about 22mb when converted into UMX it is still the same. (as .UMX are similar to quake .PAK files in that they do pretty much nothing except stop people from opening them)
Last edited by Mr_Cyberpunk on Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Ah...converting .wav to .it is tricky.

Main problem being patterns: modplug defaults to something like 64 ticks per pattern, and if you're importing a wav, this won't be enough. Although the original file may have had tracker info, that gets lost on conversion to wav, sadly.

So, there should be a box in the main modplug window to change 'ticks per pattern' from 64 (or whatever) to 255 (which is the most you can have). Ideally, set that to the length of your wav (so import, insert and play the wav in modplug and look at how many ticks it takes to play, then set ticks per pattern to that number, or that number plus one).

If your wav file takes longer than 250-odd ticks to play, you might want to investigate splitting it up into two wav files, putting one in one pattern, the other in the next, and then using a jump to go between them.

Goldwave is brilliant for slicing up sound files, and it's free.

Sorry if this makes not much sense, it's been a while since I played with modplug.

If you haven't already, check out Steve Foxon's bit over at Tack's site

http://www.planetdeusex.com/tack/HowToC ... Music.html
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Goldwave is brilliant for slicing up sound files, and it's free.
What did you think I used?? :P

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how I go! That would explain the pattern problem, that it only plays the first 4 and cuts out and starts over.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

IT WORKS!!!! OMFG!!! DDL YOU ARE SO AWSOME!

Only one prob, it dosen't loop once it finnishes playing so I'll have to work on one that does.. Thankyou so much
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

IT WORKS! Got it to loop now, just added a B00 to the 3rd pattern. The problem was that the file was following pattern 0 and 1 but the last 2 were both labeled 1, so simply change the pattern to 0123 and add a B00 to loop it. ;) I'll send you all a link for the file Unless I can get it hosted here. It will be probably somewhere between 7 to 12MB due to the quality of the file. (I kept it in wav format before conversion so the file maintains its quality)

Sounds freaking awsome though!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

WORKING LINK - DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

http://files.filefront.com/DeusEx_PS2_T ... einfo.html

You can obtain the Mod from here!!

If anything goes wrong let me know.
Also sorry for hosting it on FileFront again..
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Getting it put onto File Planet too.. ;)
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

well, thats beautiful. I'm almost considering buying this game just so I can listen to the title theme as I map. :P

Good job bringing this over, way to serve your community! :D
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

cheers man ;)

we'll stick it on the site when kale returns ;)
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

metche_steele wrote:cheers man ;)

we'll stick it on the site when kale returns ;)
I've been gone? You should have told me ;)

I listened to the theme song, and while I think thats an awesome bit of conversion you did, I think the PS2 version of the theme song sounds too tinny, as though it were played inside a campbell's soup can.

I'll take the original theme on the PC over the PS2 version anyday :o
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

lol sorry man - havent seen you in ages. I presumed you were away sunning yourself on a tropical island ;)
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

I think it has to do with him recording it as all one instrument. Which also increased the filesize by like x10.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

If you'd like better quality I can submit a 22MB Wav version of it??? Would that help..

I got it down to a 12MB wave. Any smaller and it would've sounded terrible..

Anyway, its downloadable so goody! it sounds closer to the real thing but because I sacrificed some of the quality over the file size.. Given that I don't have the luxury of DSL yet! ;)

Anyway, Hope you all enjoyed it.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

wow, chill out. I was just saying that it is kind of large because its recorded as one instrument. Its not like I was trying to make you pissed or something. I said earlier I loved it, so thanks for converting it over. :)
Keffe
Thug

Post by Keffe »

I haven't had time to listen to it yet but I think I found an mp3 version online as well.

http://www.fileplanet.com/84903/80000/f ... Main-Theme

I had this file a while ago but lost it and thanks to my never ending boredom while at work I looked for it again.