Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
JayJay
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Phase 3 & 4

Post by JayJay »

Hi all,

Just thought Id kick start this phase with some good news. The Barrels are done! ( provided everyone likes what they see and they look good in game of course ) I've posted a screenshot of them alltogether in UV style over in the Upload Manager, textures are there as well. Enjoy, I'm off to get a beer to celebrate.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

It could be me, but I can't download stuff off the upload manager (?)

But without seeing the textures, still I am pleased it's all coming along quite well :D
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

EER wrote:It could be me, but I can't download stuff off the upload manager (?)

But without seeing the textures, still I am pleased it's all coming along quite well :D
Thats because youre not a member of our special little organisation sir ;)

JayJay: Fantastic news! Im going there right now to check them out :D Maybe we might be able to include them into our test !!!
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

JayJay - I know ive seen a lot of the barrels before - and youve kept me updated - but seeing them altogether, I just cant contain my excitement!!!! They are so delicious - so well made and with so much love -that I think we should hold these back from the community and keep them as a special secret surprise ;)

Seeing them altogether Ive asked Phas to include them into our test map - I CANT wait to see them in game!!!! :D

Well done JayJay - thats a 5 star effort mate ;)
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

Many of those look like they will have huge seams on them. Have you checked them on the model itself?

Otherwise, they look bang up to scratch.
Billy Bob Joe
Thug

Post by Billy Bob Joe »

Couldn't you have, like, posted this on the private forum? It seems a bit useless to post it in public if the public can't see it...
Red
NSF

Post by Red »

Stop torturing us! Why discuss some obviously fantastic texture in a public forum, when we -- the public -- are unable to view it? What kind of cruel and twisted joke is that?

But seriously, I want that barrel texture. Metche, I need that barrel texture. And if you won't give it to me of your own free will...

...then unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do anything about it. Oh well.
If at first you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Red wrote:Stop torturing us! Why discuss some obviously fantastic texture in a public forum, when we -- the public -- are unable to view it? What kind of cruel and twisted joke is that?

But seriously, I want that barrel texture. Metche, I need that barrel texture. And if you won't give it to me of your own free will...

...then unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do anything about it. Oh well.

LOL I love you man,

No but really we are like evil. Thats it tbh.

That and the fact we like teasing :p
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Red wrote:Stop torturing us! Why discuss some obviously fantastic texture in a public forum, when we -- the public -- are unable to view it? What kind of cruel and twisted joke is that?
I was just going to post that, after reading
JayJay - I know ive seen a lot of the barrels before - and youve kept me updated - but seeing them altogether, I just cant contain my excitement!!!! They are so delicious - so well made and with so much love -that I think we should hold these back from the community and keep them as a special secret surprise ;)
AARGH!!! Must see barrels!
Rick-sama
Thug

Post by Rick-sama »

Cruel. That's just... cruel... :cry:
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Back Peasant.. Back I say... - Because im a wealthy upper class british man from 1862.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Well, I don't have much to say about the thread (I have something orange on my desk, it's amazing!), but I hope we'll see a few previews of the next phases once this current one is out. The screenshots area is never updated, only replaced every once in a while ;-)
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

This is me...
Back on my old computer!! Which is working finally!
Except this time, it has 512 less ram (until I can get more) a cpu that's twice the speed and 64 bit, a mobo with PCI-E, and a 256 geforce 6600 video card. :D
Woot!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Darkshade wrote:a cpu that's twice the speed and 64 bit
Hmm... how's that working out for you? I expect I'll have to change to a 64-bit AMD chip in half a year's time, so I'm interested to hear if all your programs still work fine with it? :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Jonas wrote:Hmm... how's that working out for you? I expect I'll have to change to a 64-bit AMD chip in half a year's time, so I'm interested to hear if all your programs still work fine with it? :)
Even though I don't have one myself, I have sold quite some in the last year ;)

The programs will not be a problem as long as you run the 32 bit version of Windows XP. If you buy Win XP 64 bit you may run into trouble with quite some applications, since the internal architecture is quite different if you go low level enough. Also I believe drivers should be especially crafted for XP 64, so that sucks as well if you have old other (or unsupported) Hardware such as tv cards.