Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Need help finding Switch1

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Again same problem with AlarmLight, I can't find it. Shows how much I actually look around in UnrealEd. The reason is because im generating previews of my work, and I'd really like to know what they look like In-Game. Thanks to whoever finds it. I know I suck at finding things its just I can't navigate UnrealEd that well, and it dosen't appear to have a material allocation search menu.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Wait, you mean, like, where is that actual deco in the classes browser?

It's under Actor>>decoration>>deusexdecoration>>switch1

Alarmlight is Actor>>decoration>>deusexdecoration>>alarmlight

But I can't imagine that's really what you're asking, is it?

Anyway, if you want to simply see what the mesh looks like, you can

a)preview it in the mesh viewer (toolbar at the top: view>>mesh viewer, scroll to the mesh name in the sidebar of the viewer)

b) make a simple map, add an actor of some sort (a light, a deco, whatever -lights are easiest), open its properties>>display, change drawtype to DT_Mesh, and put your mesh name in the 'mesh' box provided..

Then add a player start, rebuild, and have a look.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

No i mean its location actually in the game... What levels and its actual location. Not the file location or mesh. I'm trying to figure out how it functions.
DDL

Post by DDL »

it's a switch. Like button1.

The button you press to abort the missile launch in the silo is a switch1, for example.

If you ever want to find a certain actor in a map, Ued2 (at least) has a search for actors function under 'edit'.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Alternatively, if Ued1 doesn't do this: simply add an actor of the class you're looking for, and then right click it, and choose "select all 'whatever'", then look for what else highlights. You could temporarily adust the drawscale to make them easier to spot, too.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

It is the trigger switch to kill bob page in Area 51. Thanks
I'll get a preview running... Funny, theres some things on the texture that it just wastes :(