Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Lancelot
Mole Person

Quick question

Post by Lancelot »

Hi. Great mod, I hope everything works out!

Here is a question, we all know that Sam Carter has a mechanical prosthesis instead of a leg. Are we going to see it on the model or texture somehow? Because in game we weren't able to see it in any way.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

I suppose that would depend on the intent of the creators. Were they trying to show that modern prosthesis could mask it 100%, or did they simply not have time to make it clear?
He's wearing long pants anyhow, isn't he?
Big-P
Thug

Post by Big-P »

The only time you can actually see his leg, is when he unlocks the Armory (Duing the escape from UNATCO) and at Brandenburg (Gary Savage, X-51, Datelus merging). Never notice any thing odd, defintly nothing "Gunther-Style."
We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo-owli- zhiv'
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

Darkshade wrote:I suppose that would depend on the intent of the creators. Were they trying to show that modern prosthesis could mask it 100%, or did they simply not have time to make it clear?
He's wearing long pants anyhow, isn't he?
he could be like A. Skywalker refuseing to have artificl skin because it would hinder the movement
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

Or, you know, like Jordan Shea (an actual Deus Ex character): There just isn't the technology for artificial skin at this point.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

She's a bartender: wipe-clean metal arms must make it a lot easier to pass all those NYC hygiene regs... :D
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

Nah. I mean, with your arm, you just have to clean the skin. With a mech arm, you may end up having to clean all the little inside bits, make sure all the fluid pipes are intact, etc. I mean, I don't want hydralic fluid dripping into my Coke. (I don't care if Nuke is the only brand on the market, I'd still order a Coke.)