HDTP has HDR right?

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Darkshade is correct. And Jonas makes a right assumption. The engine hasn't even been shown yet, so the point is that we just wait and see what happens with Unreal 3. and making any lighting or engine changes is rather pointless because of Unreal 3 having already accomplished what we want to do anyway. - or we assume it will. Thats why people should just stop naging about changes to TECHNOLOGY and accept that all we can do right now is work on content fixes and convert to Unreal 2.5 for the meantime. When Unreal 3 is out, then someone (not me) can give it a go at working DX into the new engine.

But rest assured you wont be able to use the engine to its fullest capabilities without changing something drastic within Deus Ex. So that's why a lot of the time we can't go all out with the game, because that'll potentially ruin it as we've learnt from Invisible War. - im just pointing out what we should be avoiding here.
Darkshade
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Darkshade »

... yeah... We don't talk about invisible war much :(
"Metaphore" is a bloody metaphore.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Hey im not saying COMPLETELY changing the game is a bad idea. what im saying is making another Invisible War is something to avoid. Talking about it is a good thing because then you can identify WHY it sucked and find a way around it :D but at the risk of making it suck even more :(
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

Yeah if your going to do it, do it all the way.

They took a lot of short cuts in DXIW and thats why most people don't like it.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Not short cuts. They just didn't include things because Deus Ex was a very PC-oriented game.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

wrong. they didn't include things because DX:IW had been pure console oriented game. they had to tweak it down to work with the consoles at that time out. if that would have been a pc-only game things would have looked different ( once more a game killed by console support ).
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

and by micro$oft.. dont forget them. They killed Mechwarrior those bastards!
Whisperblade
NSF

Re: HDTP has HDR right?

Post by Whisperblade »

Ajare wrote:No, it doesn't.

edit: People's usage of the term 'HDR' really bugs me. 99% of the time it is used incorrectly, both by game designers and others. High Dynamic Range refers to that fact that the graphics pipeline uses a higher precision than the normal 24/32 bits. When pixels gets sent through a graphics pipeline, there are usuall WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oh god I actually understood that...
MUST GAIN SOCIAL LIFE!
50x50? Why bother with an avatar?
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

lol... yeah... people mess up a lot with HDR and alike.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Unfortunately i've yet to witness HDR working.. Stupid Geforce 7200s. Thats why they were discountinued :P
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

i should once play around with that HDR stuff... but first i need my renderer to work ( fuking shadow-map code works shit on nvidia >.=.< )