Higher resolutions

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I doubt that would be an issue since you would be running 1900x1200 in windows as well and you can read the stuff you type in word. Usually, if you actually can run on 1900x1200, you are likely to have one big ass monitor anyway, so it would scale itself a bit.

BTW, I posted some code that might fix the scaling here, however, I got stuck when trying to use UCC make on the uwindow package. More compile errors than things I think I have changed.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Now all we need is a HD Hud lol! The pixels are sooo big :P
Sergg
Mole Person

Post by Sergg »

any news about 2x HUD problem?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

None whatsoever :D
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

DeusEx doesn't use the UWindow package at all (I'm using the UWindow console for UT as a matter of fact, it works perfectly), it's all based off of the window classes in Extension, the upscaling is handled natively as far as I can tell -- any screen res with a height above and including 960 seems to get a 2D drawing area of 640x640. Something might be funky with the GC class, it's anyone's guess.

To get proper hi-res stuff working you'd have to do one of two things:
Recode the DX window stuff to use non-native code that works with canvas (possible but a pretty significant amount of work)
or
Figure out what causes the problem in the native code and hook and replace that function
NVShacker
Are you still there?
Christian
Thug

Post by Christian »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a widescreen at 1650x1080, what would the highest resolution me for me? If I set the resolution at 1650x1080 through the deusex.ini file, it reverts to 640x480 for some reason.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Does it really, or does it just revert the HUD, while actually making everything else the correct resolution?

The HUD scales horribly as noted, and NVShacker has coded up a fix for it, which you can find here:

www.thenamelessmod.com
Christian
Thug

Post by Christian »

Oh nevermind, I had set the wrong resolution. :lol: Thanks for the link DDL. :)
DarkFlame
Mole Person

Post by DarkFlame »

@Christian

I play at your resolution, there is a fix so that the FOV will go widescreen as well

heres a link: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo ... php?t=4001

Worth checking out, they have info on how to make Deus Ex IW, and other older games widescreen as well

In order to make the changes to HDTP you need to edit the HDTP.ini and HDTPuser.ini instead of deusex.ini and user.ini
JCD
Mole Person

Post by JCD »

I`d installed this patch (otpUIfix), but a very big strange error envolves - "Can`t bind to native class otpUIfix.otpFixer", and than comes many names of functions and classes of the engine. Any ideas, what it may be?
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

A guy had a similar issue and he said he need some VC8 libraries:
Nameless Voice wrote:Turns out it needs the Visual C++ 8 runtime libraries.

Once I had that installed, it worked fine, giving me a nice 1400x1050 without the overscaled HUD. Excellent work!
Give those a shot.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
JCD
Mole Person

Post by JCD »

Great! Now it works, thank u)