Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Joe Greens Killer
Mole Person

Project Idea?

Post by Joe Greens Killer »

Now I think im just getting greedy lol One quick question?...What made you decide to take on this prjoject? basic love for the game, or did you simply say "we could make this a tad better" non the less thanks for makeing a great game even better, well not so much better as different:)
metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: Prject Idea?

Post by metche_steele »

Joe Greens Killer wrote:Now I think im just getting greedy lol One quick question?...What made you decide to take on this prjoject? basic love for the game, or did you simply say "we could make this a tad better" non the less thanks for makeing a great game even better, well not so much better as different:)
It actually stemmed from an idea from a guy called Chris (I think) in the Eidos forum. He suggested remaking all the objects from scratch.

I mean the game plays wonderfully even now but we thought it'd be fun and add a new dimension to the game if we upgraded the graphics/models :)
_Alex_
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by _Alex_ »

Even at the time it was released, DX was *not* considered to be an attractive game.

I never thought to call it "ugly" , but looking back now, I'd say the character models were probably the biggest offenders.

It's a testament to how well the voice actors / script writers did that they seem so believable even given their rather ... chunky appearance.

Thats why I signed on to fix em up :twisted:
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

_Alex_ wrote:Even at the time it was released, DX was *not* considered to be an attractive game.

I never thought to call it "ugly" , but looking back now, I'd say the character models were probably the biggest offenders.

It's a testament to how well the voice actors / script writers did that they seem so believable even given their rather ... chunky appearance.

Thats why I signed on to fix em up :twisted:
Here here brother. I don't care how boxy JC's hands were - he was always a life-like person to me ^_^. I think we can all identify with JC in some moralistic way.