Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Tracer Tong Portrait.

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Hey everyone, I had the sudden urge to draw tracer tong, I have no idea why. Anyways I figured it'd be good concept art. He looks a little crossed between Deus Ex's Tong, Iwars Tong and I used Tzi Ma the American-Chinese Actor as my inspiration. I just wanted to know what everyone thought, keeping in mind that this is just a recreational drawing, its not in any way related to HDTP.

James T
UNATCO

Post by James T »

I think it's... in the wrong forum! Ha!

Am I wrong, or did Tong have scars on his cheeks? I could never work out if it was glitchy texturing, or a series of long scars (they're very obvious when he talks about having the Grey Death at Vandenburg)

I like Tong (except for when he's nattering about Adam Weishaupt over the radio, sounding about as sane as Mel Gibson; "Seventeen Twenny-THREE? Hel-lo-ooo!..."), I just never do his ending. Illuminati FTW!
"If all Americans want is security, they can go to prison." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Yeah i left the scars out, My tablet isn't working properly so I did this using a busted old mouse. - hence why it looks scrappier than my other works. I can add the scars if u want.
_Alex_
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by _Alex_ »

Not bad :)

Tong definitely had some sort of skin graft on his face, and there were long stitched up seams or scars where the two bits met.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

And the two bits of skin didn't even match.

He was like a poor man's asian jigsaw puzzle. Supposedly this was to somehow indicate the extensive augmentation/modification he'd been giving himself, but personally I think it just made him look even more like a gimp.

Did I mention I hate tracer tong?

One of my favourite bits of IW was playing tong-tennis.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

DDL wrote:One of my favourite bits of IW was playing tong-tennis.
Elaborate please

And nice work, CP :D
DDL

Post by DDL »

Tong tennis: Kill Tong, then using your super arms, hurl him into the sky. Then fire missiles at him and see how far you can fling his corpse.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

DDL wrote:Tong tennis: Kill Tong, then using your super arms, hurl him into the sky. Then fire missiles at him and see how far you can fling his corpse.
I'm sorry, thats hilarious. I used to do that in some game, but I can't think which one. UT, Goldeneye007, HL2...I really should have played around more in DX2.
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

Probably wasn't Goldeneye. You can sometimes make people go flying with explosives, but it was far too primitive to have ragdoll physics to allow for people to fly up into the air over and over. Plus they'd dissappear after the animation was over. UT maybe, HL2 it's definately possible there. I should reinstall IW, the game was really short and all, but it was really fun goofing off.