Using NV in DXMP

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

flib
Thug

Using NV in DXMP

Post by flib »

Of course, NV can't be used in non-NV servers, but I could swear that I saw a solution that used the renderer to replace the original textures with the new ones, but I can not find it on here anymore. Am I crazy or is this possible?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Re: Using NV in DXMP

Post by FastGamerr »

The method used by my mod, Deus Ex Nihilum, is based on Kentie's Direct3D 10 Renderer for Unreal. So essentially you have subdirectories under ...DeusEx\Textures matching the texture packs' names, type of the texture (Glass, Rock, Metal, etc.) and of course the name. They're in DDS format and with the NVIDIA Tools installed you can save textures to DDS straight away in Photoshop for example.

It can also be used to enable height/bump maps and I've already implemented it in my mod. I actually didn't know you could do it in the NVIDIA Tools, I made and saved the height maps manually. If I had time, I'd enable some kind of height/bump maps for every NV texture used by DXN (given DaveW's permission and finally having to figure out how to extract those textures to begin with) but I think that stage's just going to have to be one for the ages.

Essentially this means that you're required to use the D3D 10 renderer with DXN (or, of course, every mod that uses DDS as textures) if you want the mod to look like how it was meant to be.

Hope I helped!
Last edited by FastGamerr on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flib
Thug

Post by flib »

Very helpful, thanks!
Searching "DDS" in the New Vision forum shows some information relating to this. Looks like DaveW was going to get around to setting this up, but I guess he hasn't done that yet.

@DaveW: If you're still here, do you still have plans for this?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I'd completely forgotten about it tbh. When I get around to doing it I'm going to release all the textures unpacked anyway, so I guess someone could convert them to DDS.
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

Carry on the great operate, My spouse and i go through number of blogposts for this site along with I do think that your particular world wide web web site can be true exciting and possesses acquired encircles involving amazing data. täytyy nähdä paikkoja karnatakassa turisteille
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

That is the amazing piece of writing, Thanks a lot for the purpose of rendering everybody this. Have post. サウジアラビアのトルコ大使館
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

the nation's certainly fabulous web log. the nation's realy informative together with a a great decent project. i want it. Services Near Me
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Post by muzammilseo89540 »

This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. Affordable Air Duct Cleaning Services in Atlanta
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. Click Here
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

it's truly wonderful weblog. it's realy educational along with a this type of great work. i really like this particular. Winter Tires Ottawa
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! Near Me