Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Kittenykat
Mole Person

Re: HDTP Final?

Post by Kittenykat »

Ahhh, okie then, guess it's better to wait 'till everything's ready :3 Good luck then! ^_^ Meanwhile I'm having a blast playing TNM, I hope when HDTP is done it'll be easy to make them work together :3
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

povuholo wrote:Did anyone else who was subscribed to the RSS Feed get an RSS update linking to this page today?

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/?p=11

Getting me excited for no reason. [-X

I Totally forgot all about that 3D Sockwave Plugin. Man it'd be nice to redesign the site once the project is complete.. deck it out in all the 3D models as a gallery ect.

Also grats to Metche on the news on the Emmersive site.
pixo45
Mole Person

Post by pixo45 »

They should update the moddb.com page as well.
Matoro
Thug

Post by Matoro »

Yeah, same question. Is this HDTP dead or something? Because the latest update of the demo of HDTP was back in 2006. Ummmm...did I miss something here? Is there an update to the demo/beta whatever or something that I didn't catch? Because yeah, I don't want to download something coooool (even if it is a demo)...that uh, hasn't been 'recently' updated.
Sooo when is the official release date? Its ok, take your time. There is no rush. I'm just wondering.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

HDTP isn't dead, the release is when its done™, which should be quite soon™. The lack of another playable demo is because its annoying to compile or something, but there is progress being done.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

HDTP is built in the cathedral style; where some projects "release early and often" in the bazaar style, HDTP prefers the advantages of the other style, so it's best not to expect anything until it's finished.

HDTP isn't dead, since the developers are still here (one might reply soon) and the forum is still active. Progress is inscrutable and informal status updates occasionally contradict or just confuse, which I think is a mistake, but that preferred strategy did lead to Release 1. The mod will be free, and HDTP deserves a flashy final release, so thanks for not worrying about it. There's no official release date, and they really shouldn't set one until the completed project is being bugtested.
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

Stop lying. It's dead until proven otherwise.

4 years since an update does not an alive project make.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Doesn't make a dead one either. By that definition, everything is dead between updates. Where were you before TNM released?
AndrewOfHell
Thug

Post by AndrewOfHell »

The Nameless Mod took 7 years to create, and it is absolutely awesome!

Believe me...I can wait for HDTP =) I still have faith in DNF for goodness sake.

P.S. Didn't the lead developer say only a few things needed to be rendered then it was completed? Could of sworn I saw that somewhere...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I believe, and this is from memory, that a few things need to be animated and imported, then all of the finished stuff (which at that point will be everything) needs to be combined into a release.

The reason that there haven't been additional releases along the way is that creating a release from the finished stuff takes some time, and that would be time not spent actually getting the project done. Thus the lack of releases along the way is why there is so little left to do now. If there had been periodic releases (second demo, third demo, ... nth demo, [n+1]th) then we would not currently be as close to release as we are, meaning that we would have much more "Good god, how long does it take to do so few things?" waiting than we will in reality.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Damnit guys don't any of you read the forums rules? Just ignore him, he'll go away eventually.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was responding because Matoro, who may or may not be reading, might be interested and Andrew from Dante's vacation spot asked the question that I kind of sort of answered.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

True, I have seen him troll before, and I did just respond. Still, while I disagree, I can imagine a reasonable person posting what Grimm said there. "Dead" to me means inactive (permanently), where it could mean "externally appearing inactive, despite internal activity". I'd agree with a comatose or minimally-conscious state ;-)

Academic anyway, obviously; if HDTP were dead, why post anything in this thread?
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

i maintain this will come out on the 12/12/2012 12:12:12:12:12:12:12:12:12
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Traveling at what speed in which timezone? Someone should set up a countdown.